Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: CARIB Glass Limited
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
To maximize production efficiency by ensuring safe and effective maintenance and set up of production machinery and equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain OEM standards on specified production machinery.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate records relevant to change overs, set-ups, production machinery, etc. and recommend changes/improvements where necessary.
- Plan, schedule, implement and supervise routine and planned maintenance work on specified production machinery and equipment.
- Participate in Production planning, work planning, staffing and the development and review of operating systems and work procedures.
- Ensure appropriate control settings and set-up for specified production machinery/equipment/processes as per standard and/or as instructed for change overs
- Cost effectively, recommend, develop and implement innovative process/technological changes to improve the efficiency/quality of the department.
- Liaise with local and foreign suppliers and consultants on machine/equipment problems and requirements.
- Lead and execute projects within the Production department
- Utilize the principles of Lean Manufacturing to optimize and improve efficiencies in work flow, change overs etc
- Conduct the annual performance appraisal of subordinates and undertake appropriate follow-up actions in an effort to develop the capabilities of employees and maximise the efficiency of the department.
Training and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Three (3) – Five (5) years manufacturing experience
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, and AutoCAD.
- Effective communication and leadership skills.