Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: RAHAMUT ENTERPRISES LIMITED
Job Ref.: REL-GA
Job Title: Garage Assistant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Garage Assistant is responsible for several administrative areas as it pertains to the management of the Company's Garage Operations which includes filing and the maintenance of several databases as well as, the sourcing, negotiating, receiving, and stocking/issuing of spare parts and other items as required by Management from time to time. The Garage Assistant must comply with all Company's Policies and Procedures governing the position and reports to the Fleet Maintenance Coordinator.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Liaises with the Garage Supervisors and other members of Management to understand items to be procured and timeline within which required;
• Ensures that proper approval is received for all purchases and that all supporting paperwork is completed in keeping with the company's policy and procedure.
• Sources and negotiates requested items once approved with authorized vendors in keeping with the Company's Purchasing Policy; obtains approval to purchase prior to preparing the Purchase Order;
• Receives/verifies items purchased, assigns bar codes and places into inventory for tracking of purchases; issues items on Delivery Notes as requested once approval is granted;
• Maintains the Purchasing Database, Defect Sheet Master Database, PPE Database and other databases as may be required from time to time;
• Prepares and submits various reports as may be required from time to time for the tracking of costs etc.
• Holds the custody for the Company's Spare Parts and other items and responsible for the proper management of these Company assets;
• Ensures Housekeeping in all stock rooms are maintained to the Company's Standard to minimize stock losses and issues as it relates to HS&E;
• Conducts Safety Audits as may be required from time to time
• Provides administrative support to the Fleet Maintenance Coordinator to ensure that all company documents and information is properly filed and easily accessible for statutory purposes as well as for management decision making;
• Upholds the Company's Policies and Procedures as outlined in its HS&E Management System.
Academic qualifications and experience:
• Five CXC or GCE O'Level passes including Mathematics and English Language;
• Certificate or Diploma in Business Management and/or Purchasing and/or Supply Chain Management a strong asset;
• Knowledge of the operations of heavy units and or experience working in a Heavy Fleet environment will be an advantage;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Well developed interpersonal skills
• Strong negotiating skills
• Ability to function as an effective team member
• Ability to work unsupervised and effectively under conditions with frequent and multiple interruptions
• Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments
• Attention to detail.