Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Mode Alive Trading
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
JOB DESCRIPTION – Warehouse Supervisor
A retail entity in the business of home textiles and furnishings; providing a creative and welcoming shopping experience
Role & Accountability
The chosen candidate will be directly responsible for the daily effectiveness of the warehouse receiving, processing, dispatching, inspecting and maintenance activities. Oversee warehouse personnel including all employees that directly receive, store, issue, package, and deliver, goods and supplies. Responsibilities also include accountability for person entering, working on, and leaving Warehouse premises. This portfolio is managed by the Operations Manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 2 years experiencein warehousing
- distribution operations experience
- Supervisory experience
- Computer literate with word processing and spreadsheet applications in a Windows environment
- Handling and dispatching experience
- Knowledge of Inventory management and storage requirements
General Skills & Requirements
- Organizational and planning skills
- Effective communication skills; both written and oral
- Positive employee relations
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Not fearful of heights
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee warehouse personnel in all tasks associated with inventory receipt, storage, packing, locating, dispatching, and cycle counting.
- Ensure all Material Handling Equipment is properly and safely operated and serviced.
- Ensure all warehousing employees are properly trained to complete the work assigned. Assist with employee training on proper warehouse procedures as necessary.
- Communicate performance and quality expectations to warehousing employees.
- Ensure that material received and shipped conforms to acceptable packaging standards.
- Cross-train staff for maximum flexibility in all other operations.
( E-MAIL RESUMES WITH PHOTO TO firstname.lastname@example.org) PLEASE NOTE: unsuitable applicants will not be acknowledged.