Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Resin Converters Limited
Job Title: Senior Maintenance Technician
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Position Title: Senior Maintenance Technician
Position Classification: Position number: TBA
Reports to Maintenance Supervisor
Supervises positions: Nil
Supervises Position Titles: N/A
Department: Production Section: Maintenance
The Senior Maintenance Technician is required to inspect and maintain all machines, mechanical equipment and other structures within the plant, performs preventative and corrective maintenance as well as repairs malfunctioning equipment.
- Performs skilled repair or maintenance operations on equipment, facilities and systems.
- Monitors, plans and executes all preventative and corrective maintenance and tasks for production equipment.
- Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required.
- Conduct unsupervised mold changes on all machines.
- Adjusts and troubleshoots Production Equipment as needed.
- Provides support on the Production floor as required.
- Examines objects, systems, or facilities, analyze information and carry out needed installations, services, or repairs; general maintenance of plant and building (a/c, lighting, plumbing, etc.)
- Maintains safe and clean work environment and compliance with established Occupational Safety & Health rules, policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company policies, rules and guidelines
- Performs any other duties that are required for the effective discharge of this job
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Five (5) Ordinary level/CXC subjects including Mathematics and English.
- Certificate in Technical Maintenance.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Solution Orientation- Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one's knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
Accountability & Dependability- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
Teamwork- Works cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results.
Reading Comprehension- Grasps the meaning of written information and applies it to work situations
Controls Exercised Over Work
The Maintenance Supervisor maintains full control of the position’s work
- Nature of supervisory control exercised over the work
This position will be controlled through instructions from its supervisor, the provision of reports by the incumbent and bi-annual performance reviews conducted by its supervisor.
- Nature of available guidelines controlling the work
Operating Procedures, OSH Policy and Rules, Employment Manual
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The Senior Maintenance Technician must be prepared to spend the majority of their workday on their feet, monitoring machines and employees. While performing the duties of this job, the Maintenance Supervisor is frequently required to use hands or fingers to handle or feel materials or operate objects, tools or controls, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and bend.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Maintenance Technicians work in a factory wherein large productions of goods are produced. The factory has no air conditioning and may be hot, humid and dusty. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud. Hazards such as stock stacked well overhead and machinery malfunctions may exist.
The Senior Maintenance Technician must be willing to work on a shift system and on weekends as well as holidays. Working overtime is very common especially during periods of high and heavy production or non-arrival of the next shift. Maintenance workers are always on call for emergency repair work.
Tools, Equipment and Machines
The Senior Maintenance Technician will be required to operate various manufacturing machines on the occasion where he/she may have to fill-in due to staff shortage.
This vacancy is closed.