Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Resin Converters Limited
Job Title: Sales Manager
Sector: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT,SALES,RETAILING, DISTRIBUTION
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Position Title: Sales Manager
Position Classification: Position number: TBA
Full-time, Permanent, Monthly-paid
Reports to Managing Director
Supervises positions: 2
Supervises Position Titles: Senior Sales/Logistics Supervisor and Film Sales Manager
Department: Sales Section: N/A
The Sales Manager is generally accountable for the development and implementation of strategies for the sale of the company’s products. The manager is responsible for directing the sales team and providing leadership towards the achievement of the company’s growth target as well as the delivery of customer service that meets or exceeds customer expectation.
- Plans and implements the company’s sales strategy, including advertising and public relations.
- Plans and implements sales and customer retention and expansion strategies.
- Prepares sales budget in collaboration with Finance & Administration Manager
- Manages relevant reporting of management and financial information for the sales department.
- Leads export development and spearheads the building of the company’s export capacity
- Manages a portfolio of customers; ensures the delivery of customer service in accordance to company standard and resolves customers’ complaints; prepares costings and quotes for customers
- Trains staff on sales and customer service procedures and systems
- Scans the market and undertakes fore-sighting exercise to expand the customer base and recommends new markets
- Spearheads product development to meet current and emerging customer and market needs.
- Supervises and coordinates sales team ensuring that they perform their functions in accordance to company policy and procedure.
- Conducts employee feedback sessions and employee performance evaluations as per the company’s performance management system and identifies employee training and development needs.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment and ensures compliance with established Occupational Safety & Health rules, policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company policies, rules and guidelines
- Performs any other duties that are required for the effective discharge of this job.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Sales or any related field
- Post graduate qualifications in marketing will be an asset
- Five (5) years’ sales experience in a similar position
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of the local distribution network and outlets in the plastic manufacturing industry would be an asset.
Staff Management-Manages staff in a manner that improves their ability to succeed on the job
Leadership- Promotes organizational mission and goals, and shows the way to achieve them.
Planning & Organizing- Coordinates ideas and resources to achieve goals; anticipates challenges, monitors trends.
Customer Focus- Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization; provides excellent service to internal and external customers.
Communication (for Sales) - Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations.
Problem Solving-Applies a structured approach identifying the root cause to provide solutions to challenges.
Attention to Detail-Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
Controls Exercised Over Work
The Managing Director maintains full control of the position’s work
- Nature of supervisory control exercised over the work
This position will be controlled through instructions from its supervisor, the provision of reports by the incumbent and bi-annual performance reviews conducted by its supervisor.
- Nature of available guidelines controlling the work
Operating Procedures, OSH Policy and Rules, Employment Manual
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, bending, squatting, and stooping in the performance of daily activities. The position also requires grasping, repetitive hand movement, and fine coordination in preparing reports and data using a computer keyboard.
The incumbent must spend hours preparing detailed reports which require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. The employee must have stamina to maintain attention to detail despite unscheduled interruptions and is occasionally required to lift, drag, and push files, paper, documents, and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
Vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read and discern written errors on paper and electronic documents. Additionally, the position requires near and far vision in written reports and work related documents. Acute hearing is required when providing phone and personal service. The officer may have to work odd or long hours at a time to meet deadlines and complete special requests or projects. The individual must be flexible to work extended hours with minimal notice during heavy workload.
This position operates mainly in an air-conditioned office environment and the sales office is located in a manufacturing plant. The office is also a fast paced, changing environment. The Sales Manager will have to attend to various tasks and must be able to multi-task effectively, work independently and meet deadlines. The Supervisor may find the environment to be busy, and will need excellent organizational as well as time and stress management skills to effectively supervise staff, address sometimes demanding customers and complete the required tasks.
Occasionally, the incumbent may have to visit the factory or warehouse in order to get the job done. The factory has no air conditioning and may be hot, humid and dusty. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud. Hazards such as stock stacked well overhead and machinery malfunctions may exist.
Tools, Equipment and Machines
The officer will be required to use office equipment including but not limited to, telephone, computer, printer, photocopier, facsimile, calculator, cash register and projector. The officer will also drive a motor vehicle in the normal course of duty.