Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: The American Stores Limited
Job Title: Accountant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Accountant will be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position includes maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The job includes the preparation of management accounts for subsidiaries both locally and regionally. The Accountant will have contact with other senior managers including the Directors of the company which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Reports to: The Managing Director and Finance Director
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Supervises and Guides accounting staff by coordinating activities and training.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Conducting financial investigations and audits, and preparing reports
- Develop budgets and cash flows.
- Liaising with external auditors.
- Payment verification , documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Oversees the payroll function
- Complies with Government, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Manages ALL Accounting functions3
- ACCA Certified or other Professional ACCA and/or Accounting qualifications
- 5+ years Accounting experience in a computerized Accounting environment
- 3 years Accounting experience at a Supervisory level
- Excellent advanced Excel and Word capabilities, knowledge of Powerpoint and Vizio applications