Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: McEnearney Business Machines (MBM)
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
We are seeking a dynamic individual to implement and support computer system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems; designing and testing standards and solutions; providing training and support to end users on current and future computer system implementations.
You will also be required to support presales efforts for I.T.S. Business Development Managers as it relates to technical support and related solution offerings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues;
- Provide first level support and troubleshooting to End-Users;
- Develops or works with partners/vendors to develop solutions to issues;
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new IT Projects
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes by way of assistance and advise in the effective use of applications and information technology;
- Participates in Technical Research and Development so as to enable continued innovation and sustainability within the environment;
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT System Issues;
- Provision of Training to End-Users on computer systems implemented in the environment;
- Maintain Network and System security;
- Evaluate and modify systems’ performance;
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the company’s LAN/WAN Infrastructure is on par with Technical considerations;
- Administer servers, desktops/laptop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches in adherence to organizational values and policies;
- Maintain network servers, VPN Gateways, intrusion detections systems etc.;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (in a computer related Programme) is required.
- At least 3 years work experience in a related field.
- Advanced Excel and IT Skills would be considered an asset
- Ability to make sound decisions and judgments
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proven Track Record of delivering in time pressured environments
- Experience working with management and well-versed in the practices and demands of progressive and evolving Services Organizations.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write and interpret reports, business correspondence, and/or procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, clients, customers, and the public.
- ANALYTICAL THINKING – The ability to comprehend a situation by breaking it down into its components and identifying key or underlying complex issues.
- COLLABORATION/TEAMWORK - Develops cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
- COMMUNICATION: OPEN - Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up and down, inside and outside; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING - Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a customer's needs effectively.
- CUSTOMER FOCUS - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- INITIATIVE - Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities.
- PROBLEM SOLVING - Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one's knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE - Applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to accomplish one's job effectively.