Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: MASSY United Insurance Ltd
Job Title: Senior Programmer – 6 Month Contract
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Senior Programmer – 6 Month Contract
Massy United Insurance is a financially strong, AM Best A- (Excellent) rated Company, which operates in 19 territories across the region.
The fixed-term contract for this role is for a period of six (6) months.
The Senior Programmer performs systems analysis and applications programming involving multiple information technology systems.
- Provides technical advice on the design, implementation and documentation of new and revised programmes and systems.
- Prepares programme specifications for new programmes and modifications to existing programmes in multiple applications.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analysing requirements; developing software systems.
- Provides technical support to users in solving problems in existing and new applications and makes modifications as required.
- Monitors time for tasks performed.
- Participate in weekly meetings to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the Regional ITC and Transformation Manager.
- Bachelors’ degree from a recognised university or college in an ICT or technical managerial discipline or a related field and seven (7) years of experience in programming and systems design.
- Proficiency in the use of Desktop productivity software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Proficiency in Operating Systems such as Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 server
- Good background in Database design in Microsoft SQL
- Technical experience with databases, web development and user support
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of structured applications programming.
- Business communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Must display initiative and creativity.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priority.
- Be detail-oriented
- Be self-driven and take initiative
- Demonstrate superior customer service delivery
- Demonstrate strong team-orientation
- Dedication to personal professional development with the ability to demonstrate leadership and produce outstanding results
- Commitment to work on a 24-hour on-call basis
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATIONS via email to: email@example.com by the 30th June 2017.
All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Please make reference to the position of interest within the subject line of your email.
Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged