Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Civil/ Structural Designer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Civil/ Structural Designer
The Civil/ Structural Designer is responsible for the preparation and checking of instrumentation design deliverables.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Originate discipline design deliverables.
- Assist the Discipline Lead Designer and/or Discipline Function Lead as directed.
- Produce solutions that are safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and add value to both Massy Wood Group and the client.
- Ensure operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design.
- Provide discipline design input to procurement and construction activities.
- Attend technical meetings if delegated by the Discipline Lead Designer.
- Attend Design Reviews, Constructability Assessments etc. if delegated by the Discipline Lead Designer.
- Communicate with Discipline Engineers and Designers to ensure design integrity and consistency.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Engineering Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Demonstrate the appropriate competence level for the job.
- Is a source for guidance on a majority of discipline design applications.
- Coordinate technical matters within discipline and with other disciplines as required.
- Responsible for the technical assurance of discipline design deliverables, discipline design content of IDC prints and vendor documents.
- Supervise discipline design personnel ensuring Massy Wood Group and project specific Management Systems and Procedures are followed.
- Assist with the development of discipline design personnel.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Project Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Develop discipline design scopes of work, estimates and schedules if delegated by the Discipline Lead Designer.
- Represent Massy Wood Group to clients and suppliers / vendors in a professional manner.
- Develop working relationships with client and supplier / vendor personnel.
- Use of opportunities at meetings with clients and suppliers/ vendors to learn of additional work which Massy Wood Group could undertake and to promote Massy Wood Group’s capabilities.
- Adhere to procedures for document control and discipline design, e.g. creation of discipline design deliverables, use and retention of check prints / IDC prints.
- Responsible for checking discipline design deliverables, discipline design content of IDC prints and vendor documents.
- Review work processes of discipline design personnel ensuring Massy Wood Group Management Systems and Procedures are followed.
- Liaise with the Discipline Function Lead to identify and implement improvements in discipline working practices.
- Capture and communicate lessons learnt to the Discipline Function Lead.
- Coach / guide discipline design personnel on a majority of discipline applications.
- Keep a log of competencies gained through further education, external training and internal / on the job training.
- Identify areas where skills are lacking and suggest methods of improving.
- Deliver assigned tasks within man-hour budget and schedule.
- Identify increases or reductions in scope of work within own area of responsibility and advise the Discipline Lead Designer accordingly.
- Identify areas of concern during the course of any project to the Discipline Lead Designer and propose necessary corrective action.
- Identify discipline design scopes of work if delegated by the Discipline Lead Designer.
- Prepare discipline design CTR estimates, project execution plans and schedules if delegated by the Discipline Lead Designer.
- Prepare timesheets accurately and timely.
- Perform all other job-related functions as required.
- Technician Diploma
- AutoCad level III certification
- Membership of professional body preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) – ten (10) years’ experience
- Must possess skilled knowledge of a majority of discipline design applications including 3D computer modelling.
- Must possess basic knowledge in managing personnel.
- Must possess basic knowledge in managing jobs / projects.
- Must possess a reasonable command of the English language and must be able to communicate English effectively in the field of Engineering.
- Assessed competent as Senior Designer in accordance with ENG-PRC-1100
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements. Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.