Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: KAPPA Drugs Ltd
Job Title: Category Buyer
Sector: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT,SALES,RETAILING, DISTRIBUTION
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The incumbent is responsible for managing all purchasing activities, category management and merchandising to achieve annual gross profit dollar objectives for given group of product departments . The person is also responsible for ensuring that all company purchasing policies - quality standards, procurement , operating policies and code of conduct / ethical behaviour is complied with .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a category management plan to achieve annual gross profit dollar objectives. Identify growth product categories .
- Review non performing skus and new products as part of the category management process.
- Marketing intelligence / Competitive prices – Conduct price audits and competitive trade visits to ensure competitive prices and re negotiate with suppliers where necessary.
- Maintain good housekeeping of the Product Database file.
Promotions / Specials
- Negotiate special prices and deals to include in the promotional flyers and co-ordinate all in-store promotional activities with the marketing / promotional calendar. ( eg. Sampling , events etc) .
- Managing the gondola end rentals that integrate with the promotional calendar .
- Printing of in store pop , signage for specials offers / deals.
- Develop a planogram to optimize shelf space based on the category plan.
- Creating exciting Hot Spots and displays to generate sales in the selected growth product categories.
- Manage the product mix given the store and customer profile.
Managing the Supplier Relationship
- Develop and maintain vendor partnerships to ensure a relevant, innovative product range with reliable and consistent supply .
- Negotiate competitive terms and conditions with suppliers- rebates , discounts , deals .
- Monitor and evaluate suppliers performance based on: order fill rates, lead time , collecting expired or damaged goods as stipulated by Supplies Policy terms and conditions, advertising and promotional support.
- Managing holding stock policies to ensure the balance between overstocking ( affect working capital ) and out of stocks (resulting in lost sales and customers).
- Managing the delivery and shelf replenishment process to achieve sales and gross profit objectives.
- Utilize Management reports to identify slow moving , high stock items as well as high velocity and A –Line products and take the required action .
Managing Purchasing staff
- Manage the store buyers purchases - ensure all orders placed on time , and the correct reorder quantities based on current stock and future projected sales.
- Manage purchasing assistant .
- Conduct Performance evaluations for purchasing staff.
- Ensure communication with other key departments – Operations /stores and accounts .
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Business Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills and proficient in Excel , Access and Powerpoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Negotiation Skills
- Excellent customer orientation skills
- Excellent planning and coordination skills
- Excellent leadership skills
This vacancy is closed.