Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Cinnabon & Auntie Anne's Ltd
Job Title: Office Assistant
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION TITLE: Office Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Head Office
POSITION REPORTS TO: Administrative Assistant
POSITION PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Office Assistant supports the Human Resources and Administrative functions of the Company and is responsible for the day-to-day administrative duties for Head Office.
I. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Review and verify time sheets and submit payroll information for all fortnightly staff for payroll processing;
- Prepare paperwork and distribute new hire packages for all fortnightly and junior management staff;
- Assist in responding to staff queries and concerns regarding payroll and policy procedures
- Maintain Employee Database by accurately recording new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations;
- Prepare all standard HR correspondence and disciplinary letters within the company guidelines; as may be required from time to time.
- Coordinate with Branch Managers for the timely completion of Performance Reviews;
- Preparation of manpower and other HR reports on a monthly basis;
- Management of company staff uniforms distribution and inventory;
- Verification of weekly stock inventory from branches
- Receiving and coordinating incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Issuance of gift certificates and maintenance of gift certificate log book;
- Processing of NIS claims for sickness and maternity benefits, when requested;
- Ordering of supplies for office and branches when necessary;
- Call in to bakeries to ascertain staff attendance;
- Call Airport daily for stock count;
- Support various data entry and light accounting functions when necessary; including processing of utility bills;
- Implementing and maintaining an efficient diary system to ensure timely follow up of matters.
- Assist with filing various reports, invoices, documents and correspondence, in the appropriate files following standardized office procedures;
- Operates various office machines such as fax, photocopiers, computer, printer, duplicating equipment;
- Any other duties.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale andgroup commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least two (2) years experience in Payroll processing or HR Administration;
- Experience in food service and/or retail environment would be an asset;
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Business Management or Human Resources would be an asset.
- Experience in Marketing is a definite asset
IV. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Superior decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Superior conflict-management abilities;
- Excellent time management skills to ensure multiple projects are managed;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style;
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access;
This vacancy is closed.