Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Enrolled Nursing Assistant
Sector: MEDICAL/NURSING/PHARMCEUTICAL/ HEALTH CARE
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Enrolled Nursing Assistant at the North-Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA).
ENROLLED NURSING ASSISTANT
Responsible for providing non-technical nursing care assistance to assigned patients.
- Performs assigned nursing procedures for the comfort and well-being of patients, such as assisting in the admission of new patients.
- Monitors Vital Signs - Temperature, Pulse, Respirations and Blood Pressures; records the results on patients’ charts and reports to the organisational relationship for detection of deviations from the normal ranges.
- Takes readings from patients such as weight, height.
- Oversees personal hygiene of patients.
- Collects and labels specimens (sputum/urine) in containers to be sent to the laboratory for analysis.
- Dresses superficial wounds; administers prescribed procedures (enemas, treat pressure areas, massage, etc).
- Administers specified medication (insulin) and enters time and amount on patients’ charts.
- Assembles equipment as directed by the organisational relationship, such as catheters, tracheotomy tubes and oxygen supplies.
- Assists patients to walk about the ward/unit as permitted.
- Records food and fluid intake and emission.
- Responds to all patients’ call signals.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the organisational relationship.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) CXC O’level passes; one (1) of which must be English Language.
- Certificate in the Nursing Assistant Training Programme from an accredited institution.
- Current licensure with the Nursing Council of Trinidad and Tobago.
* Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be supported by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be submitted along with Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates by
June 21, 2017 to:
Office of the General Mnager, Human Resources
North-Central Regional Health Authority
Buidling #39, Third Floor
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.