Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Material Handler
Location: SOUTH EAST -MAYARO,RIO CLARO
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The main objective of this role is to support the receiving and issuing of materials as well as their preparation, kitting, inspection and consolidation in a effective and efficient manner.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Review in Maximo the reservations of materials and take the adequate actions to dispatch the materials in order for them to arrive before the required by date
- Follow instructions to obtain materials/pallets that are required.
- Review daily equipment checks to assure their integrity and their capacity to execute normal tasks in a safe manner.
- Support tools and equipment management
- Storage of materials ensuring proper materials preparation for storage and following minimum safety requirements to ensure materials integrity
- Follow adequate hazardous materials management policies
- When receiving Hazardous Materials consult incompatibility matrix and ensure they are only stored beside compatible materials.
- Apply recommendations given by manufacturers to provide adequate preservation of the materials while they are stored in the warehouse
- Promote general order and cleanness of warehouse and optimize the use of available resources
- Provide logistic support for the maintenance department in their efforts to search and locate available materials in Maximo and at the warehouse
- Follow adequate disposal of residues
- Must liaise with planners, technicians, engineers and schedulers in order determine if materials received at the warehouse must be stored or shipped immediately to the facilities.
- When required must fill a Overage, Shortage, Discrepancy or Damage (OSDD) form and report any inconvenient presented by the items being delivered.
- Print labels and tag all the items received and assure all items being issued have the correct labels
- Provide support to Cataloguing and catalog administrator
- Develop monthly reports on task execution and performance
- On occasion support Receiving and Issuing Handlers, Preservation Specialist, Inventory Specialist
- Participate in all HSE initiatives and trainings
- High School Diploma, GED certificate or accepted equivalent.
- 3 years' experience in Warehouse management preferably in the oil and gas or energy industries.
- Must be able to read and understand written procedures, shipping documents, safety manuals, and safety warning signs.
- Must be able to give and receive oral instructions and directions
- Knowledge in Hazardous Material Management and spill containment
- Knowledge in Warehousing storage standards
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Upon Maximo 6.2 trained, capable of updating the system with the due receipts, issues, transfers.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work under pressure, team work.
- Customer Service oriented
- Must be able to drive lifting trucks such as 3T – 15T Forklifts
- Willing to work outside of normal hours as the job requires