Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Mortgage Officer
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
This position reports to the Manager – Mortgages, and is responsible for marketing the Company’s mortgage products to new clients, undertaking financial assessments, completing proposals and following through for final approval, and perfecting securities for loan disbursement activities including, but not limited to, reporting and follow up for payment.
Key Responsibilities: The incumbent will be required to utilize his/her proven expertise to:
• Prepare mortgage proposals for approval by the Manager, MD, Sector Head, Chairman
• Prepare Letters of Offer, details of terms and conditions and commitment fees for new mortgage client
• Assist with the preparation of cheques for disbursement, and correspond with attorneys for completion of mortgages
• Follow up on outstanding collateral for mortgages
• Follow up on annual renewal/payment of property & life insurances, Land & Building taxes and other statutory requirements.
• Complete monthly mortgage status and other reports
• Liaise directly with Attorneys-at-Law, real estate agents, accountants, and others necessary
• Follow up on mortgage in arrears taking appropriate corrective action as required
Education & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
• Associate Degree in Business Management or related field
• Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and other operating software relevant to the department
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the banking or insurance industry
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the processing of residential/comercial mortgages.