Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: FUJITSU Caribbean
Job Title: Solutions Architect - Network and Security
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Solutions Architect - Network and Security
The successful candidate will work at a senior level to define and deliver major technical projects/ strategies/ architectures, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of the customers’ business and commercial issues, and key insights.
Want to be part of one of the World’s largest IT services providers that has been awarded one of “the World’s Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE, and where you have the opportunity to create solutions and produce results that drive our clients’ businesses? This opportunity may be perfect for you!
The successful candidate will be responsible for design projects across multiple disciplines. This professional will work at senior management level to define and deliver major technical projects/ strategies/ architectures, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of the customers’ business and commercial issues, and key insights. This position will be part of the Application, Business Services team which excels at end-to-end solution architecture of all customer initiatives and projects. This role will report to the Head of Business Services and will be based in either Trinidad.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting technical reviews of customers’ requirements and proposed solutions and approaches to determine fit with Fujitsu’s offerings, customer business needs and the technical viability of the solution and approach.
- Identifying project delivery risks and mitigations for the proposed solutions and approaches.
- Identifying the accuracy of the estimates for proposed solutions and approaches.
- Shaping end-to-end technical proposals to be acceptable to the customer and recommending solution/ service trade-offs, where appropriate.
- Leading and influencing others in the development of new solution and service offerings.
- Working with customers to understand their business strategy and develop IT strategies and end to end architecture for significant areas of their business.
- Researching, evaluating and selecting technology and infrastructure products and vendors for overall solutions. This includes: -
- Analysing functionality and features
- Assessing cost benefit factors and budgetary/ resource impacts
- Impact/ risks to customer organisations, security and users
- Investigating compatibility with the existing operating environment
- Selecting products for evaluation criteria and recommending final selection
- Assessing and evaluating emerging products and solutions and working with Fujitsu and its customers to ensure adherence with established standards, policies and guidelines.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Industry standard certification at a professional level (e.g. – Cisco, CCNP, Checkpoint CCSE, Fortinet FCNSP.
Experience and Technical Skills
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience in a progressive IT environment, with at least 3 years at a supervisory level, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical competence at an expert level in at least two of the following areas with current certifications: -
- Network technology Design and Implementation
- Security technology Design and Implementation
- Virtualization technology Design and Implementation
- Disaster Recovery Design and Implementation
- Pre-Sales engagement techniques and capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of IT architectural theories, principles and concepts
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of the delivery of IT services and solutions
- Knowledge of the IT managed services and outsourcing industry with strong technical leadership capabilities
- Excellent research and development capabilities
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop other team members
- Well-developed communication skills (written and verbal) and consulting skills, particularly at senior customer levels.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify issues
- Ability to multi-task, organise and prioritise assignments as required
- High level of attention to detail and quality
- Local travel requires that the candidate own and use his/her personal vehicle for site visits as may be required
- Regional/ International travel may be required from time to time for training or customer site visits
The preferred candidate will receive an excellent compensation package commensurate with qualifications.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 156,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited reported consolidated revenues of US$41 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016. Our presence in the Caribbean extends 60 years, with offices in Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Mexico.
Shaping tomorrow with you