Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Facilities Manager-Maintenance
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Facilities Manager-Maintenance is responsible for tactical planning and coordination of maintenance, facility and equipment.
The Facilities Manager – Maintenance is responsible for tactical planning, on-going liaison with the responsible personnel and coordination of maintenance, facility and equipment repairs that would support the strategic objectives of the Corporation, ensuring customer satisfaction in accordance with the Corporation’s Operational procedures and standards. The Manager has a critical role in reviewing systems and procedures, cost management initiatives and contract negotiations relative to maintenance.
The incumbent gives support to the Human Resource initiatives of the Corporation and provides guidance and direction to employees as applicable
Education, Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Facilities Management from an accredited academic institution
• Certificate in OSH
• Certificate in Project Management will be an asset
• Working knowledge of State Financial Regulations
• Working knowledge of procurement process governing state agencies
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Excellent communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of national building codes
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools and software relevant to job functions
• Five (5) years’ experience, performing similar functions, including three (3) years at a managerial level position in a large, diverse company.
Equivalent combination of Qualification, Training and Experience
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Development of Human Capital
• Liaises with the HR Department to ensure that applicable HR policies and procedures are implemented
• Ensures the on-going evaluation of employee(s) and implements mentoring, coaching, and appropriate training and development where necessary.
• Supervises and coordinates activities that would encourage employees to develop a passion and strong drive for individual and departmental success
• Assists in the development of a Divisional Training Plan based on a needs assessment
Management of the Facility
• Manages day to day maintenance activities to ensure operations are in accordance with contractual obligations and customer service standards
• Develops an over-arching maintenance plan for all facilities within area of responsibility to ensure that routine maintenance are appropriately recorded and scheduled
• Contributes to the development and maintenance of a facilities asset management database
• Ensures on-going reviews and updates of the procedures to ensure continued relevance
• Works closely with the HSE and Security Departments to ensure HSSE compliance at all facilities
• Prepares, presents and / or submits Reports/Board Notes/Presentations as directed
• Prepares draft budgets and manages the approved maintenance budget for the assigned facility.
• Reviews service requests, recommends and implements the agreed corrective action
• Oversees maintenance and repairs and ensures corrective action is taken in respect of all safety issues
• Facilitates OSH Audits and Emergency Evacuation Drills
• Liaises with Maintenance Scheduler to ensure schedules support service standards
• Evaluates services and supplies against cost and quality in accordance with established specifications.
• Checks and verifies approvals and ensures all activities adhere to documented procedures
• Ensures that all financial transactions are undertaken in accordance with approved procedures
• Participates in the evaluation and selection process for the engagement of Contractors/Service Providers
• Monitors and evaluates the general performance of Contractors/Service Providers on a continuous basis and advises upper management accordingly
• Develops and implements a client feedback system and ensures that information received is documented and acted upon in a timely basis
• Represents the Corporation at meetings with Clients; takes decisions within limits of authority and undertakes necessary follow-up
• Monitors maintenance / repairs to verify completed works are in keeping with manufacturer’s specification, approved scope of works and/or subsequent contract.
• Monitors works in progress; ensures costs are managed within budgets and agreed contract
• Ensures that accurate and complete documentation are appropriately filed for each maintenance related transaction
• Monitors operations at the Facility(s) and submits plans for improvements, including recommendations for effective and efficient cost management
• Ensures the records management function is maintained in accordance with approved procedures
• Performs any other duties related to the job junction as required
The Office holder will be recruited on a contractual basis and unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged by the Corporation. Kindly submit copies of relevant academic qualifications. Please note that ONLY academic qualifications from accredited institutions will be accepted.
All applications must be submitted by 4.00pm on JULY 10, 2017.