Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Facilities Assistant-Maintenance
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
FA is responsible for supervising day to day operations of the assigned facility(s)
The Facilities Assistant is responsible for supervising day to day operations of the assigned facility(s) during the normal or extended hours of operation, ensuring customer satisfaction in accordance with the Corporation’s operational procedures standards.
The incumbent is expected to submit proposals for cost reduction through proper planning and preventative maintenance.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
Equivalent combination of Qualification, Training and Experience
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Takes action to ensure the facility is available for use during the stipulated hours of business
- Conducts routine inspections of the facility, identifies any potential health and safety hazards and takes corrective action in accordance with procedures and standards
- Assists in the evaluation of services, and supplies and advises where cost and/or quality is outside of established specifications
- Inspects assigned maintenance or repairs in progress and advises on performance that is not in keeping with manufacturer’s specification, approved scope of works and/or contract.
- Conducts facility inspections, identifies any potential health and safety hazards and takes action in accordance with procedures to correct hazards
- Performs mandatory preventative maintenance and routine inspections as assigned
- Liaises with contractors and vendors and coordinates delivery of materials, equipment, and supplies Undertakes daily inspections and advises of any security issues of concern
- Investigates customer complaints and provides feedback as necessary; escalates to senior personnel where necessary
- Communicates service requests to the relevant personnel; follows-up to ensure resolution
- Monitors operations at the Facility(s) and submits recommendations for improvements or cost reduction
- Prepares documentation for retention in corporate records as applicable
- Assists in ensuring maintenance of records in accordance with approved policies and procedures
- Assists with the coordination of HR functions as required
- Prepares and submits daily/monthly/ in accordance with requirements and timeframes
- Performs any other duties related to the job junction as assigned
The Office holder will be recruited on a contractual basis and unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged by the Corporation. Kindly submit copies of relevant academic qualifications. Please note that ONLY academic qualifications from accredited instituitions will be accepted.
All applications must be submitted by 4.00pm on JULY 10, 2017