Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Monitoring and Compliance Officer
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Monitoring and Compliance Officer
Monitors and Co-ordinates the activities related to the implementation of the Strategic Plan
The Monitoring and Compliance Officer will provide support to the CEO with respect to the roll-out of the Corporation’s Strategic Plan
The Monitoring and Compliance Officer is required to perform monitoring and coordinating activities related to implementation of strategic planning objectives of the Corporation.
The office holder, under the CEO directive is responsible for overseeing the implementation of key strategic, program and policy goals of the organization in alignment with the strategic plan and will support the development and execution of initiatives, in collaboration with senior-level staff across the organization in order to support the effective implementation, measurement and long term sustainability of cross-functional initiatives and programme in accordance with the Strategic Plan.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Social Sciences or Finance/Economics from an accredited academic institution
- Postgraduate qualifications in Management, Finance or any other related subject area will be an asset
- Ability to develop the overall framework for project monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Ability to identify strategic needs, develop recommendations and lead change implementation with little or no direction
- Ability to collaborate with relevant stakeholders to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities, effects and impacts
- Ability to compile and analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports
- Superior level of initiative, drive and attention to detail
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Critical thinker able to be a strategic thought partner to senior-level and other leadership teams
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, techniques and methodologies used in monitoring and evaluation including quantitative, qualitative and participatory approaches
- Knowledge of governance theories and practices, including methods of implementation
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework governing public sector organizations
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Implementation and Review of Strategic Initiatives
- Oversee strategic planning processes to ensure strategies align with market drivers and support organizational objectives
- Facilitate identification and prioritization of strategies
- Lead in the preparation of an annual report on implementation of the strategic plan
- Works closely with the CEO to research, scope, develop and implement strategic initiatives / special projects as assigned, with emphasis on those requiring cross-functional engagement with staff across the organization and with external stakeholders as determined by the CEO.
- Proactively recommends and develops policies, processes and methodologies to improve the quality and value of the organization
- Supports the organization with annual updates to the institutional strategic plan as required.
- Supports the management team and proactively monitors and reports progress, challenges and opportunities related to strategic plans.
- Liaises with the Heads of Departments relevant to the development and implementation of departmental operational plans and programmes
- Liaises with Heads of Departments to ensure the effective coordination of action items and timelines
- Liaises with Heads of Departments on activities necessary for implementation of the approved Plans
- Reviews performance measurements, advises of appropriateness for determining organizational effectiveness and implements as approved.
- Develops and implements approved strategic reporting systems throughout the organization
- Liaises with divisional/senior managers and other personnel as necessary, to review achievement of milestones and any necessary corrective action
- Assist or lead meetings and the development of presentation materials
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of updated organizational policies and procedures
- Contributes to the development and implementation of performance monitoring and evaluation strategies
- Assists in the formulation of monitoring and compliance recommendations for improving organizational performance including the design of supporting policies, programmes and projects
- Collects, compiles and analyses data from reports submitted by implementing partners and prepares consolidated progress reports
- Reviews monitoring and compliance findings and best practices and disseminates information to stakeholders to facilitate evidence based planning and informed decision making
- Undertakes research on best practices and trends in monitoring and compliance to keep abreast of modern best practices and makes recommendations for their inclusion in current and future projects, programmes and policies
- Coordinates the distribution of compliance-related documents and/or activities within the Corporation
Preparation of Reports, Notes and Presentations
- Prepares periodic and specific Reports / Presentations and any other documentation as directed by the CEO
- Prepares Reports / Presentations and any other documentation as directed by the CEO
- Prepares Board Notes and Cabinet Notes as directed by the CEO
- Performs any other duties related to the job function as may be required
- Ensures that all documentation under his/her perview is recorded and maintained in accordance with the relevant laws and the Corporation’s approved Records Management System
The Office holder will be recruited on a contractual basis and unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged by the Corporation. Kindly submit copies of relevant academic qualifications. Please note that ONLY academic qualifications from accredited instituitions will be accepted.
All applications must be submitted by 4.00pm on JULY 10, 2017.