Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Crews Inn Hotel & Yatching Centre
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Location: WEST -DIEGO MARTIN,CHAGUARAMAS
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION : Chef de Partie
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Supervisor/ Sous Chef/ Chef de Cuisine
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your/ company specialty, under the supervision of the Sous Chef/Chef De Partie.
- Managing and training any demi-chef de parties or commis working with you.
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- To work and train on all stations in the kitchen by rotating station.
- To have full knowledge of menu and method of preparation.
- To maintain a high standard of specified work in accordance with the Chef’s instructions
- To prepare, cook and serve food delegated as your responsibility, ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation, using the correct recipe and to the correct quantity. And presentation are met at all times under guidance from a senior chef
- To ensure that all food is served at a safe and appropriate temperature using thermometers or other food safe devices where necessary.
- To ensure that all mise en place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- To ensure that all stock are keep under optimum conditions.
- To monitor stock movement and be responsible for ordering on your section
- To aid in achieving food cost, kitchen standard and overall objectives
- To carry out daily and weekly procedures, including temperature checks, food labelling/dating and storage
- To ensure that all junior chefs and trainees receive the right training and optimum guidance.
- To ensure that any anticipated shortage are communicated promptly to the Sous chef or Chef de Cuisine.
- To remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or its equipment and report any problems to a senior chef
- To keep high standards of personal hygiene, clean uniform and overall camaraderie
- To adhere to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times ensuring that all records of such are maintained
- To assist with the acceptance and storage of deliveries and that all relevant
- company procedures are adhered to
- To be punctual for work and report directly to the manager on duty on arrival in the kitchen
- To have an understanding of menu planning, the implementation of stock controls, the importance of good stock management, and how this enables the kitchen to meet gross profit
- To be familiar with the opening and closing procedures of the kitchen and carry them out as rotated
- To keep high standards of cleanliness on section where employed, also to assist in any job regarding hygiene or cleanliness asked for by a senior chef
- To be fully aware of all the health and safety at work regulations in accordance with HASAW Act 1974 and Hygiene Regulation Act 1971
- To be fully aware of all hygiene control and chemicals used in the work place
- To have full knowledge of, and be able to act upon, fire procedures
- To work as part of a team in a constructive manner that enables the hotel to achieve the objective of being a market leader in the luxury hotel sector
- To comply with all hotel and company policies
- To be responsible, whilst liaising with the Executive Head Chef, for self-development
- To be aware of and comply with statutory requirements regarding the work place such as health and safety, hygiene, fire prevention, licensing and employment law,etc
- To carry out and assist in the smooth running of the kitchen
- To attend all meeting and training sessions as required
- To undergo all training in both formal courses and on-the-job session to develop cooking and kitchen organizational skills.
- To comply with any reasonable request from your superiors
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
v Customer Service oriented
v Multi task
v Speed and dexterity
v Knowledge of HACCP procedures
v Detail oriented
v Knowledge of kitchen equipment
v Team oriented
v Ability to work under pressure
v Great cooking skills
v An ability to delegate appropriately
v A grasp of profit margins
While performing the duties of Chef de partie, the employee is required to talk or hear orders by the Sous chef or Head Chef, stand and work for long hours, stoop or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 24KG. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
v Formal training in culinary arts, Diploma from a recognized food service institute or related experience in the food service industry
v Must have at least 4 years practical culinary experience.
1. Hours of Work:
Your normal workweek shall consist of forty hours, Sunday to Saturday on a shift basis. However, from time to time you may be required to work longer hours.
- Allocation of Time:
It is the employee’s personal responsibility, within the framework of the tasks he/she has been set, to ensure that his/her is distributed between tasks in the most advantageous way to the overall benefit
This vacancy is closed.