Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Crews Inn Hotel & Yatching Centre
Job Title: Docksmaster
Location: WEST -DIEGO MARTIN,CHAGUARAMAS
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION : DOCKSMAN/GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
REPORTS TO: DOCKMASTER
LIAISES WITH: Front Office, Guest Relations, Housekeeping, Maintenance & Reservation Staff
- To provide high quality customer service to guests and users of the Marina
- To assist in the mooring and unmooring of vessels
- Assist all arrival and departure of vessels in the marina
- Remove garbage/rubbish from all docks
- Clean and wash docks
- Remove garbage in water
- Empty all garbage bins in docks area
- Patrol and observe any unusual occurrences in and around the marina
- Secure water and electrical supply to vessels as required. Check dock lines and utility supplies as necessary during patrol
- Assist vessel with taking on/off supplies, water, battery etc.
- Maintain Marina docks, equipment and surrounding areas in such a manner that they are esthetically at best.
- Assist in general marina maintenance and repairs
- Assist in all Marina Emergency Procedures and Preparation
- Verify with Front Office after one hour of arrival that the vessel has been registered
- Any other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
- Ability to swim
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work long hours
- Customer Service oriented
- Flexible and innovative
- Team oriented
- Must be a responsible individual who will be able to present himself well to the boaters since they will have the most contact with the boaters and the public
- Knowledge in application of VHF Radio, Hurricane, Storm, Fire, Sinking Vessel, First Aid and Oil Spill Procedures
- Knowledge of marina rules, regulation and security procedures
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of /or First Aid Training
- Experience in handling boats (an asset)
1. Hours of Work:
Normal work week shall consist of forty hours, Sunday to Saturday on a shift basis. You may be required to work longer hours from time to time.
- Allocation of Time:
It is the employee’s personal responsibility, within the framework of the tasks he/she has been set, to ensure that his/her time is distributed between tasks in the most advantageous way to the overall benefit of the Company.
- Customer Relations:
The employee is to communicate courteously and effectively with customers at all levels, and make best efforts to assist, so as to ensure that the Company’s image is always protected and maintained at the highest possible level.
This vacancy is closed.