Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: ANSA Polymer Limited
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Location: EAST -ARIMA/SANGRE GRANDE
Town / City: Arima
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Production Supervisor is responsible for directing, supervising, monitoring and coordinating the Blow Moulding and Injection Moulding processes to optimize the use of machines and manpower to meet production, quality and cost targets, as per the Company’s established policies and practices. All work shall be performed while following the rules, technical work procedures and guidelines, of ANSA Polymer, with special attention being given to Health, Safety and Environment.
- Responsible for the achievement of daily/monthly/annual production targets in accordance with the Production Plan.
- Responsible for implementing the daily work programme in order to fulfill the Production Plan in terms of order priority, quality, machine speed and manpower needs.
- Develop, Lead and implement innovative strategies to improve workflow efficiencies & effectiveness of the Moulding Division with respect to process, systems and people management.
- Conduct quality control processes on equipment and/or facilitate, monitor and ensure compliance for the quality control process according to product specification and ISO 9001 during the entire production process.
- Perform mould changes and troubleshoot malfunctioning machines and systems and make corrective actions or adjustments to ensure consistent product quality and machine efficiency.
- Liaise with Logistics on the transfer of all finished goods to Warehouse.
- Participate and ensure stock-taking is completed on time and accurately.
- Prepare Daily/Weekly Production Reports.
- Train/Coach direct reports on the requirements, machine usage, quality control and HSSE processes, policies and procedures as assigned by the Division Lead/Operations Manager. Monitor Progress of trainees and report progress monthly to the Division Lead/Operations Manager.
- Inform the Division Lead/Operations Manager of delays in production and the inability to comply with the production plan or any instructions from senior management.
- Verify attendance & punctuality using Jantek machine for submission to HR/Payroll.
- Coach employees on disciplinary procedures, time management and behavioral competencies required for the job(s) of direct reports.
- Monitor, investigate, report to the Operations Manager and action as required, instances of daily/weekly absenteeism tardiness or indiscipline likely to affect production in accordance with Company’s IR Policies.
- Investigate all incidents of non-conformance, variances, deviations from production plan and poor quality and; submit a written report with recommendations for corrective action as required.
- Perform materials balance including verification of scrap.
- Comply and ensure team members compliance with the Company’s rules, policies and standards including OSH/HSSE Policies and ISO 9001.
- Conduct any other related duties that may be assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Five O’levels (inclusive of Maths and English)
- MET or MEEET Certificate
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar position
BUSINESS/TECHNICAL SKILLS/CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Computer Literate.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Knowledge of moulding production technology and equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent time-management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle heavy lifting and moving >55 lbs.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to support and provide training/coaching to direct reports.
- Knowledge of OSHA, ISO 9001 and Maintenance polices