Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Eastman and Associates Limited
Job Ref.: ACC/296/EAL
Job Title: Accountant
Salary / Package: $12,000-16,000
Sector: SECURITY, LAW ENFORCEMENT
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Job Type: Permanent full-time
• Strategic flexible and creative thinking
• A leader, mentor and teacher to staff
• Sense of humor
• Strong written and oral communication skills with multiple constituents
• Open and collaborative management style
• Nation Builder
• Supports the implementation of the Organization’s Purpose, Mission, Vision and Promise statements and fully embraces and lives the Core Values on a daily basis to guide in decision making
• Supervises the productivity and performance of Accounting and Payroll Staff, and provide training, coaching and professional development where needed
• Oversees all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
• Collaborates with CFO and other members of the Leadership Team to prepare an annual budget for submission to The Board for approval. Operates the business in accordance with the approved budget and prudently manage resources within the budget guidelines
• Assists the CFO in the monitoring of departmental budgets and forecasts working with other administrators and department heads concerning budget performance
• Prepares monthly Management Accounts for presentation to the Board of Directors
• Oversees the Accounts Payable process, including verification of proper supporting documentation, appropriate signatures of approval and accurate expense codings on invoices and check requests
• Oversees the Accounts Receivable process, including the accurate recording and analysis of revenues, customer billing, and collections
• Maintains internal control and safeguards for receipts, supervises all incoming cash and cheque deposits and provides weekly cash analysis to CFO as needed
• Supervises the processing and recording of bi-weekly and monthly payroll and ensures the company is in compliance with statutory requirements
• Coordinates the annual audit, prepares paperwork and audit schedules for review and maintains permanent audit files
Qualification and Experience
• ACCA Level II, or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent recognized professional accounting qualification.
• A minimum of five (5) years experience in a similar position, of which three (3) years should be at a managerial/supervisory level.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Excel
• Proficiency in Peachtree Accounting of similar accounting software.
• Ability to work well under pressure, tight deadlines be able to multi task
Location Map:Dear Candidate, Thank you for providing us with your CV as the preliminary step in the process of registering for employment through Eastman & Associates Limited, your preferred Recruitment Agency. Processing/Fees • In order to assist with a job placement, you are asked to visit our offices (in office attire) at #31 Scott Bushe Street, Port of Spain between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. • At that time, you shall be interviewed and will be required to complete an online mandatory psychometric assessment (personality test). • There is a non-refundable processing fee which ranges from TT$250 - TT$500 (cash only) depending on the level of job requested. • This registration is valid for two (2) years. Requirements On the day of registration you must bring the following: 1. Your resume with details of CXC and A Levels inclusive of Grades 2. Original of all your Educational Certificates 3. Original and copy of your Birth Certificate 4. One valid form of Identification (ID Card, Driver’s Permit or Passport) 5. A police certificate of character (a copy of the receipt is acceptable; however original must be forwarded upon receipt). 6. Two work-related references, as indicated on your resume along with their contact information. (Eastman and Associates reserves the right to refuse/withdraw services from, and employment to, any candidate who misrepresents their qualifications, experience, abilities, status and background). Should any of your documents not be in the name used for registering, please provide the support for the name change e.g. marriage certificate, deed poll. We thank you once again for selecting Eastman and Associates Limited for your job search and look forward to being of service to you. Regards Eastman & Associates Ltd # 31 Scott Bushe Street Port of Spain Website:eastmanandassociates.net Tel: (868) 625-3232, 623-2533 Fax: (868) 625-3219
This vacancy is closed.