Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Security Officer
Sector: SECURITY, LAW ENFORCEMENT
Location: SOUTH -SAN FERNANDO,POINTE A PIERRE
Town / City: South & Central
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Description: Security Officer
The Security Officer utilises a preventative approach to crime through the basic tenants of detect, deter, observe and report. The incumbent is responsible for the health, safety and security of persons, property, the environment and premises to which they are assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be properly attired in a NOSS uniform (Nomex) as per their company standard, unless instructed by authorized personnel to be dressed in civilian/casual wear for a special duty.
- Must be in possession of Pocket Diary whilst on duty, same must be updated.
- Must wear Company ID card whilst on duty.
- Patrol and secure areas on foot and mobile, checking for vandalism, suspicious activity. Inspect doors and locks to confirm appropriate level of security, ensures building alarm systems have been activated on schedule.
- Screen all visitors entering compound/ building.
- Maintain and upkeep daily log and activities book i.e., Pocket diary, Station Dairy, Post Diary, Visitor Log etc.
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures etc.
- Provide personnel escort service as directed to ensure the safety of employees.
- Provide orientation and instructions on safety and security protocols to personnel.
- Conduct personnel and vehicle searches as necessary.
- Maintains environment by monitoring building and equipment controls.
- At a shift handover, all items being transferred are to be documented and physically checked before the process has been complete, e.g., logs are to be updated, keys, location phone, equipment must be catalogued in the station diary.
- Ensures compliance with location policies and procedures by staff and visitors.
- Demonstrates a high level of service orientation.
- Compliance with NOSS policies, procedures and location(s) Standard Operating Procedures.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time within the scope of your function.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Evidence of having attained a secondary school education, school-leaving Certificate.
- Experience as a Security Officer would be an asset
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Ability to take and follow-through on instructions, and work independently
- Dependable and resourceful
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
- A reasonable level of physical fitness