Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: FT Farfan Limited
Job Title: Frontline Technical Support Analyst
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
FRONTLINE TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST
To perform the duties of Used Oil Analysis Service Coordinator and to assist the Business Unit Managers in giving technical support to FT Farfan’s direct and indirect customers. This position also manages the Oil pickup facility for the company’s direct and indirect customers and reports to the Divisional Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to the company’s sales staff, industrial customers, distributors, retailers and end customer customers. This function involves:
o Pro-active and reactive front line technical support to all queries including: problem solving, troubleshooting and application advice for about 80% of typical customer technical issues.
o Correctly specifying appropriate Shell products to be used for specific applications (vehicle, machinery and equipment) and to replace a competitor’s product.
o Conducting lubrication surveys.
o Troubleshooting lubricant-related problems. Actively use Shell’s services to support customers: Shell LubeMatch, Shell LubeAnalyst and Shell LubeCoach.
o Refer complex technical issues to the Shell’s technical team for resolution in a timely and appropriate manner, working with them to ensure issues are addressed satisfactorily.
o Developing, preparing and conducting technical seminars to customers, prospects and internal staff. Performing other related tasks as may be required from time to time.
o Developing maintenance plans/oil analysis for the company’s range of industrial equipment.
- Coordinate the provision of the used oil analysis and transformer oil analysis service to local and regional customers in a profitable manner. This function involves the following:
o Scheduling and performing oil sample collection for local customers.
o Processing of samples received/ collected and sending same to the Laboratory for testing.
o Reviewing/evaluating analysis data from the laboratory and providing reports including recommendations for corrective action to customers.
o Quoting and invoicing customers for this service.
o Maintaining an adequate stock of consumable items for the proper functioning of this service.
o Co-ordinate the pickup of used oil from key account customers and work with distributor staff to develop a comprehensive service for the automotive market.
- Provide general support for sales and marketing related activities, including but not limited to: preparing quotations and tenders, invoicing customers, conducting stock checks at the customer sites, assisting with promotional campaigns and performing support functions in the absence of other sales and technical personnel. Assisting the various business units in determining customer needs and visiting customers as required either independently or with colleagues.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned by the Business Unit Manager, Division Manager or the Director.
- Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in chemical/mechanical engineering or equivalent in an appropriate science or engineering discipline. Alternatively, he/she should possess a relevant combination of education and experience in a related field. Working experience in a technical environment would be a definite asset in this role.
- Certification as an Oil Monitoring Analyst is a definite advantage.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products.
- PLEA certification would be considered an asset.
- Sound working knowledge of various heavy equipment and general industrial plant maintenance practices.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent report writing skills coupled with the ability to analyze technical data and extrapolate to various stakeholder levels.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Team Oriented.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
All applications are to be submitted no later than August 10th, 2017:
Please specify “Frontline Technical Support Analyst” in the subject
Human Resource Department
F.T. Farfan Limited
3-5 Ibis Avenue