Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: EUROPA (Trinidad & Tobago) Limited
Job Title: Purchasing & Inventory Officer
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
- Purchasing Officer
Under the direction of the Supply Chain Manager, the Purchasing Officer, working individually or as part of a team, is responsible for ensuring that materials requested are available in a timely manner to meet departmental needs, and that all purchases comply with the approved purchasing guidelines. May be required to visit jobsites or suppliers to verify needs/specifications or resolve supply issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives requests for items to be purchased and/or stocked from operating departments.
- Coordinates the application for suppliers to be registered.
- Examines the specification of items requisitioned, and clarifies such specification and the application of the item with the respective user or line authority to ensure that the correct items are to be purchased.
- Coordinates the sourcing, expediting and shipment of items requisitioned.
- Secures the best price for all purchases without jeopardizing quality and schedule.
- Prepares material/service requisitions.
- Places approved orders with suppliers.
- Ensures that materials are sourced to meet specification requirements.
- Coordinates supplier payment for Cash or Credit.
- Coordinates the delivery of goods to be received from suppliers.
- Confirms all orders and their subsequent delivery including reconciling supplier delivery notes, supplier invoices and credit notes.
- Coordinates the return or exchange of damaged items received from Suppliers.
- Maintains a database of vendors and contacts within the industry.
- Coordinates brokerage, insurance and clearance of all imported goods.
- Carries out data entry function to be able to inform the status requisitioned items received.
- Batch all purchase order documents and submit for accounting processing (i.e. posting and payment).
Suitable candidates must possess:
- 5 Subjects at CXC Level including English Language, Mathematics and Accounting.
- Formal training in the basics of procurement, inventory systems and in the care and protection of typical goods used in the business.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in a similar position or related field in an industrial stores environment.
- Experience in any accounting field.
- 3-5 years field experience that uses the goods/materials/consumables/tools/equipment normally used in the Energy and Construction Industries
- Understand materials and fittings used in a construction environment
- Certificate in Computer Literacy or equivalent of three (3) years experience with MS Office suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint