Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Pillai Tools Company Ltd
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The incumbent will be responsible for performing a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling financial transactions, statements, records, and reports in a timely manner; maintains the accuracy of the company’s ledgers and financial systems. He/She will provide accounting, professional and administrative support to the Administrative Manager/ Accountants to ensure the efficient and effective performance of the various functions.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare and enter all banking transactions- deposit slips and card transactions for the current month by the 7th day of the next month.
2. Verify Cash Count Sheets daily and ensure deposits match. Ensure that credit notes and receipts are entered accurately and sign off as being checked.
3. Reconcile Cash In Hand Report
4. Examine, verify and match invoices to purchase orders (where applicable).
5. Identify errors or discrepancies and resolve with supplier/ vendor before processing payment.
6. Prepare payments for signature in a timely manner, keeping within vendor’s payment terms.
7. Sort, code and enter data for example invoices, credit notes, cheque payment vouchers and payments into Sage.
8. Contact vendors in a timely manner regarding payment collection.
9. Open, maintain and update vendor accounts, both local and foreign.
10.Enter foreign supplier invoices and payments
11.Managing Receivables- providing regular follow up calls to customers regarding payments to keep within credit facility agreement
12.Manage local Payables
13.Assist with bank reconciliation for company accounts
14.Create/ Open Account numbers keeping within the numbering- eg. Income/ COGS/Inventory/Expense Accounts etc when necessary
15.Collaborate with the Accountant:
ú to ensure VAT payment is prepared and ready before the due date (25th of every other month)
ú for the preparation of quarterly taxes i.e Green Fund Levy and Corporation Tax ( due , June, September & December)
ú regarding the preparation and filing of Annual Returns for Profit- due on each year.
ú for the preparation and filing of Corporation Tax Return ( due by every year for the previous year)
16.Schedule monthly meetings with the Accountant for the review of data entered and also to meet with Management regarding the Company’s financials.
17. File documents in accordance with Company procedures.
18. Clean up Accounting System ensuring that we follow the guidelines of good accounting principles and standards.
19. Recommend changes to existing methods and systems to increase accuracy and efficiency.
|EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
This vacancy is closed.