Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Lead Commissioning Engineer - Mechanical, I&C, Electrical
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: SOUTH EAST -MAYARO,RIO CLARO
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Lead Commissioning Engineer - Mechanical, I&C, Electrical
The Lead Commissioning Engineer will be responsible for the safe and efficient execution of commissioning activities in their relevant discipline.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient execution of commissioning activities.
- Oversight of the EPC contractor teams to ensure high quality and high performance execution of the scope for which they are accountable.
- Review the EPC contractor plans and processes to ensure they are in line with the project standards.
- Help establish safety principles and promote the safety goal of ‘no harm to people and no damage to the environment’.
- Lead the electrical commissioning element as part of a multi-disciplinary Commissioning team.
- Ensure that the commissioning processes and procedures used for the project comply with the relevant technical and International standards.
- Work closely with the EPC Team to ensure all Commissioning Interfaces are clearly defined and that the Division of Responsibilities for the scope is agreed and documented.
- Establish a strong working relationship with the various engineering, construction and commissioning departments and with Operations and Start Up team members.
- Develop project schedules and plans in readiness for the key project milestones and the overall integrated Start-Up of the GEP Project.
- Ensure effective management of the System Handover Management process from Mechanical Completion through to Handover to Operations for the respective area of responsibility.
- Assist in managing the Commissioning scope in line with the agreed schedule ensuring sufficient resources and equipment are available to execute the scope within the agreed timeline.
- Coordinate and attend meetings, prepare minutes and reports as well as develop processes and procedures to ensure that the GEP progress of commissioning is communicated to the leadership teams.
- Support and ensure commissioning input to the Delivery Teams quality assurance plans and ensure system quality and acceptance criteria are clearly identified within the Completions System and the Commissioning Procedures.
- Attend FAT, EFAT and SIT as required.
- Interface with the Site Operations Team and Start Up Team on expectations at Handover.
- Contribute to project execution as appropriate, especially in helping to minimise and control any changes towards completion, commissioning and handover.
- Validate the use of the detailed preservation processes as relevant to the particular discipline with the EPC and Company Construction Site Manager and ensure full implementation on site.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant Engineering discipline. The Electrical candidate should also possess a recognised Electrical HNC/HND Qualification.
- At least 7-10 years relevant experience
- Ability to lead a multi- discipline team, and proven delivery Commissioning experience in Onshore facilities
- Demonstrable HSSE Leadership and personal commitment to Safety
- Awareness of safety management systems.
- Track record of experience gained in similar oil and gas related international projects, in a similar role leading to development of the following skill sets:Commissioning, start-up and operations functions, Commissioning completions / certification systems, Commissioning and handover procedures, Site Integrity Management (IM) standards and the application of IM to commissioning, Control of Work processes during execution
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams and communicate with discipline engineers
- Cultivate a high quality, high performance approach to the work that the Commissioning Team is responsible for and support a healthy work environment by coaching team members within the Project.
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams and communicate with discipline engineers.
- A proven decisive and pro-active team player with good communication skills.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements. Please also note that the successful candidate may be required to attend duties at the Client’s facilities as needed.