Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: SuperPharm Limited
Job Title: Accounting Assistant- Accounts Payable
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Accounting Assistant- Accounts Payable
The incumbent is responsible for fulfilling the requirements of the accounts payable function, in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures for same.
- Verifies and enters approved invoices in the Company’s computerized accounting system.
- Prepares authorized invoices for cheque payments.
- Prepares cheques and obtains signatures.
- Ensures that all reconciliations are completed for suppliers as required.
- Makes timely investigations of overdue balances in the A/P sub-ledger.
- Ensures that all tasks are completed to facilitate month end close.
- Enters, updates and retrieves accounting data, and/or documents as required.
- Ensures accurate record-keeping.
- Executes general clerical duties including but not limited to, preparing, filing, copying and dispatching related documents.
- Maintains a well-organized and efficient filing system for all relevant documentation.
- Visits Company locations to ensure that proper accounting procedures are adhered to.
- Level I ACCA or CAT certification, or any other relevant and professional certification in Accounting.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a similar position would be considered an asset.
Skills/Abilities considered as assets for the job:
- Knowledge of basic general accounting principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent organizational skills.
Computer literate and intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Excel; Word and PowerPoint.