Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: MASSY Finance Ltd
Job Title: Management Accountant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Reporting to the Head of Finance & Administration, the Management Accountant is generally accountable for the efficient operations of the financial and accounting functions of Massy Finance GFC Ltd.
The operations require the adherence to sound financial management and accounting principles and practices. Support activities include, month end reporting, budget preparation, financial forecasting, internal controls and the statutory accounting requirements.
- Develop and maintain satisfactory customer relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Organize, direct and supervise the work of the accounting and administrative departments to ensure timely and efficient operations of its functions.
- Supervises the productivity and performance of all staff by monitoring, coaching, training and counselling.
- Facilitate monthly staff meetings to acknowledge positive results, communicate monthly focus, goals and priorities, share best practices and address challenges.
- Informs and advises the Head of Finance & Administration on all financial matters affecting the GFC.
- Analyze and advise management team including Board of Directors on business operations, including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues and infractions.
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Develop and monitor the implementation and maintenance of financial policies and procedures in accordance with stated Group guidelines.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly, annual and statutory accounts as well as Board Packages/Papers and to the Group using pre-defined templates
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for presentation to the CEO, Management Team and Group with detailed analysis of variances and commentary.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close to ensure accounting discrepancies and irregularities are resolved.
- Regular review of the general ledger noting any unusual entries, documenting and investigating significant or unusual transactions and resolving accordingly.
- Working closely with the Head of Finance & Administration to prepare annual budgets and quarterly forecasts where necessary.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues as well as expense management to minimize overtime costs and manage controllable expenses.
- Monitor and support taxation issues and develop and maintain financial databases.
- Stays abreast of tax code revisions and accounting standards and advises companies regarding any operational adjustments needed to accommodate revisions and Central Bank requests.
- Coordinate the audit process for internal, external and Central Bank audits.
- Strict maintenance of all compliance requirements for loans, deposits and reporting.
- Record Management - maintenance of documents in accordance with FIU 2008.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the knowledge level of employees around operational risk and regulatory requirements meets position requirements.
- Coach team to ensure processes/controls are in place & being followed to protect shareholder interests, including the areas of account openings, Unit Financial Control, cash and custody, internal accounts etc.
- Coach team to take and sustain appropriate action to close gaps identified through operational and compliance reviews and/or reporting.
- Adherence to Regulatory Compliance Guidelines, AML/ATF and Bank policies and procedures for all products and services and customer transactions.
- Complete all required Central Bank reports before the stipulated deadlines.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable government finance regulations, including filing and or maintaining of required forms, payroll taxes , corporation taxes, VAT, retirement plan, remittances etc
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- ACCA/ CFA/CGA Certification, Degree in Accounting or an equivalent recognized professional accounting qualification.
- Five (5) years working experience in a computerized accounting environment, at least three (3) of which should be at a managerial /senior supervisory level with preferably 2 years in a banking type environment.
- Results Oriented: Directs action toward achieving goals/targets that are critical to your area’s success within defined deadlines.
- Communicates Effectively: Disseminates information and encourages candid dialogue; producing quality reports for management review.
- Financial Acumen: Manage annual P&L and budget.
- Build & Manage Relationships: Fostering teamwork; works collaboratively within and across business units and organizational boundaries.
- Leadership: People development and motivation.
- Strong data analytical skills
- Customer Focused: Ensuring that your team provides excellent customer service.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to analyze trade and market data to develop strategies and recommendations for growth.
INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES PLEASE CONTACT:
The Human Resources Department Massy Finance
61 – 63 Edward Street
Port of Spain
Or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.
Please note all applications must be submitted by August 31st 2017.