Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: STANDARD Distributors Limited
Job Title: Driver
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
To deliver and transport company’s goods and products to showrooms and customers in a safe and timely manner.
- To report for work on time daily.
- To be neatly dressed, in approved clothing and presentable at all times.
- To liaise with dispatch and cross-reference the product on the vehicle to the daily Delivery Notes.
- Ensure product is correct, and in good order.
- Check delivery plan for the day, and contact customers/showrooms to schedule deliveries.
- If delivery timeframe is missed, call customer to advise of delay.
- Ensure product is strapped and secured on the vehicle in a safe manner, and cushioning is used to protect the product from the tie straps.
- Ensure that all goods are delivered in good condition and verify the items on the delivery note prior to delivery.
- Ensure customer receives the correct goods as per the delivery note, and that they sign the delivery note advising same.
- Ensure that customer inspects the items and they sign for receiving in good condition. Packaging must be removed at this point in time, and the item fully inspected.
- If customer refuses to do same, they must sign onto the Delivery Note and driver/porter must record that customer refused to remove packaging.
- If product is going to be transported/moved to new location after delivered – driver/porter must indicate such on delivery note.
- Supervise and ensure proper conduct of all porters under your control.
- Perform daily checks of the vehicle to ensure that it is clean and in proper working condition. All damages or issues must be reported to the manager immediately.
- Assist in loading and unloading goods onto/off the vehicle.
- Adhere to all traffic laws at all times.
- Comply with Group’s processes and policies as set out and stated in the ANSA McAL Blue Book.
- Any other duties, which may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Three (3) CXC O’Level passes, inclusive of Mathematics and English
- Computer Literacy
- Work experience in a similar field
- Valid Driver’s Permit - Heavy Duty
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate ability to work efficiency with peers and residents
- Able to lift heavy weights
- Known for working efficiently without supervision
- Superior customer service skills
- Current and valid Driver’s Permit