Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Crews Inn Hotel & Yatching Centre
Job Title: Food & Beverage Manager
Location: WEST -DIEGO MARTIN,CHAGUARAMAS
Job Type: Permanent full-time
CrewsInn Hotel & Yachting Centre
The CrewsInn Hotel & Yachting Centre is a mid-sized hotel, with 46 rooms, a full service restaurant offering breakfast, lunch and dinner, Conference and Banqueting facilities catering for functions up to 250 persons and a 68 slip marina. Operation is year around. Market includes international guests, mainly from the USA and Europe and a high percentage of local guests.
Job Position: Food & Beverage Manager
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Subordinates: Banquet & Conference Staff
The Food & Beverage Manager manages all facets of our food service business at the property, which include: kitchen, restaurant, room service, catering, conferences & banquets, coffee shop and bars. While this position is directly responsible for daily operations, it also requires a creative, strategic thinker who works with staff members to identify areas for improvement or enhancement. The incumbent works closely with the Chief Operating Officer, Executive Chef, and Marketing and Sales Managers to design new programs or concepts that provide a unique dining experience for guests while driving revenue.
- Provides essential advice and support to the Chief Operating Officer and Group Chief Executive Officer in planning new Food and Beverage facilities and services. Works closely with architects, interior designers, engineering consultant, etc. providing expert food and beverage information and advice towards facility planning initiatives.
- Manages food and beverage service human resources by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; reviewing compensation strategies.
- Ensures that manpower utilization & scheduling is optimized for efficiency and profitability
- Maintains food and beverage ambiance and service by instilling a "guest service" and a "can do" attitude among staff; coaching employees how to de-escalate conflicts.
- Ensures that the atmosphere and ambiance of the restaurant and banquet facilities are maintained at the highest standards, while optimizing seating arrangements.
- Directs food and beverage services organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to functional strategic thinking and direction.
- Directs food and beverage services operational strategies by analyzing trends; preparing critical measurements; addressing customers, profits, associates, and markets with the strategic sales team; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Works closely with IT Administrator and Accountant to ensure that available software programming and financial data are adequate to the management information and operations planning needs of the Food & Beverage business areas of CrewsInn.
- Implements food and beverage financial strategies by anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; developing budgets and capital expenditure plans; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Works closely with Group Marketing Manager and Sales Manager to develop and maintain customer base by designing and placing advertisements; maintaining relationships with tourism, convention, and conference developers; inviting local, regional, and national food editors to review food and beverage services and suggesting food and beverage feature ideas.
- Approves menus by consulting with executive chef, restaurant manager, room service manager and banquet operations manager; reviewing potential food and beverage menus; evaluating past popularity of menu options and availability of seasonal food ingredients and wines; anticipating food and beverage consumption and estimating cost of ingredients; minimizing waste; approving orders with suppliers; monitoring the evaluation of the quality of meats, poultry, fish, fruits, vegetables, baked goods, wines and spirits and other beverages.
- Oversees ordering of food, supplies and materials and controls food and beverage service supplies by meeting with sales representatives; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Keeps food and beverage service equipment operating by enforcing adherence to operating instructions; evaluating the troubleshooting of breakdowns; analyzing equipment supplies and expense; monitoring the performance of preventive maintenance; researching, evaluating, and purchasing new equipment.
- Maintains safe, secure, legal, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation and quality of food and beverage preparation and service standards and procedures; monitoring conformance to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission; enforcing sanitation and legal regulations of all kitchens, bars, and service areas.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating and resolving complaints about food and beverage quality and/or service.
- Updates job knowledge by creating state-of-the art food and beverage service practices in the organization; providing leadership in educational and professional organizations; being sought as a subject-matter expert; tracking and understanding emerging food and beverage services practices and standards; contributing to professional publications; maintaining personal networks with food and beverage services leaders.
- Maintains correspondence, records, accounting systems and booking procedures as necessary
- Prepares financial reports in accordance with company requirements
- Prepares Department Strategic Plans & Budgets
- Excellent customer service philosophy, practices and techniques
- Knowledge of appropriate food and beverage service etiquette, policies and procedures and the ability to train staff members on the same
- Knowledge of all proper food preparation, storage, sanitation and licensing requirements
- Effective and proven personnel management skills, including performance management, feedback and employee development
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, leadership and time management skills
- Able to multi-task & handle duties of a complex nature
- Good organizational, analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Experience in purchasing and managing contracts with established ventors, inventory control and budget creation, as well as long-term financial planning and reporting
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work long hours
- Able to constantly motivate team members by maintaining a positive attitude
- Flexible & innovative
- A positive thinker
- A first degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Minimum 3 years experience in similar position
- Experience in employee relations
- Must be computer literate and have a genuine interest in the hotel industry
The F&B Director should spend 80% of his/her time on the floor reviewing operations, employee performance, service delivery to the customer, interacting with customers and ensuring quality standards of food, beverage and service.
This vacancy is closed.