Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: PITA PIT (T&T) LIMITED
Job Title: Food Handler
Location: CENTRAL -CHAGUANAS,CARONI, FREEPORT
Town / City: Chaguanas
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Description- Food Handler
Job Title: Food Handler/Guest Services
Reports to: Store Manager
General Purpose of Position:
A Food Handler is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Pita Pit standards, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, properly preparing food, cash register operations, and safeguarding company assets.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
• Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
• Sets up station according to Pita Pit guidelines.
• Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
• Follows recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set by Pita Pit.
• Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
• Cleans and maintains station, practicing good safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
• Bring all utensils to sink area and clean properly.
• Assists with the cleaning, sanitation and organization of kitchen, chillers, freezers and all storage areas.
• Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
• Enters purchases into cash register to calculate total purchase price.
• Accepts cash, checks or bank cards for payment; completes check and bankcard transactions according to established procedure.
• Counts money, gives change and issues receipt for funds received.
• Balances cash drawer and receipts; documents discrepancies.
• Trains new employees
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of basic math
• Basic understanding of cooking and knife handling skills
• Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
• Previous prep, or line cook experience
• Must possess a valid Food Handler’ Permit.
• Skill in handling and counting cash
• Skill in communications with public
• Ability to take direction
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
• Commitment to quality service
• This position will spend 100% of the time standing
• Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
• Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.