Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Personal Assistant to the Director
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: WEST -DIEGO MARTIN,CHAGUARAMAS
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Personal Assistant to the Director
Summary of job
Provide full administrative and secretarial support at a senior level to the Director to ensure the smooth management and future operational affairs, and most effective use of his time. Handle sensitive and complex issues in a professional and objective manner. Take initiative as appropriate especially in the Director’s absence.
- Manage Director’s electronic diary, assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary.
- Manage Director’s travel arrangements (including visas/accommodation).
- Process Director’s correspondence, ensuring that incoming correspondence is dealt with by the Director/or on behalf of the Director, or other staff as appropriate.
- Maintain Director’s office systems, including data management and filing.
- Reviews, analyse reports on periodic expenditure
- Screen calls, enquiries and requests, and deal with them when appropriate.
- Assist Director in researching and following up with action on matters which fall within the Director’s responsibility – chasing responses, triggering follow-up action.
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations for the Director.
- Organise meetings and ensure that Director is well prepared for those meetings, preparing agendas, pre-meeting briefings and meeting papers.
- Coordinates activities with the sales team to ensure timely completion.
- Assist/support Director, Development Manager & Communications Manager in arranging funding partner and other events.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of HR processes and procedures and to advise and assist the Director of Facilities with HR issues and the recruitment process including the coordination of the appointment of staff.
- Must be able to do independent follows with management of each store and external parties.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Director
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experienced Personal Assistant at senior management level.
- Experience of electronic diary management.
- Strong organisational, planning & time management skill
- Experience of working in a Higher Education Environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, to enable professional interaction with a wide range of contacts, both internal and external parties
- Ability to organise and plan own work.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work including the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be a holder of a valid Trinidad & Tobago Driver’s License and the age of 25 years and older with Minimum of 3 years.
- Hours of work are usually 9am – 6pm; however, a rotating schedule of days of the week worked will be pendant on event scheduling; weekend work is required from time to time.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to David Chong Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
This vacancy is closed.