Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: McEnearney Business Machines (MBM)
Job Title: Accountant
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyse financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Chief Financial Officer in managing and executing finance-related activities across the company. This position will report key business metrics, identify and implement process improvements, and support strategic initiatives.
- Effectively and accurately manage the company’s financial records ensuring the appropriate accounting control and procedures.
- Prepares day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure that the company’s financial records are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- Assist with the management of the Company's working capital, liquidity and optimal utilization of its cash resources.
- Review and monitor financial activity for all ATL's projects; in particular, revenue recognition calculations and tracking cost against budget to avoid overruns.
- Review and monitor the quarterly stock count process, including on site supervision during the counts, reviewing the validity of stock count variances and assist with quarterly stock count planning.
- Supervise and coordinate the work activities of Finance Staff.
- Communicate complex business issues in a clear and concise manner both verbally and via presentations
- Provide support to the Chief Financial Officer in the delivery of action items stemming from strategic meetings / directives.
- Monitor and assess revenue and expenditure arising from Projects operations to ensure all cost are captured, accurate and complete and Revenue is accurate and in compliance with the prevailing International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) . Provide detailed analyses for negative variances.
- Monitor and access the inventory accounting process to ensure any potential risk to loss or inaccurate reporting of Inventory balances and charges to cost of sales is detected timely.
- Design and deliver corporate planning templates as required by Head Office and guided by the Chief Financial Officer/ Managing Director.
- Monitor and assess expenditure to ensure same is within budget per month and year-to date. Provide detailed analyses for negative variances.
- Prepare Management Accounts monthly and Report on the performance to the Chief Financial Officer and Managing Director
- Work closely with the external auditors at year end and interim audits.
- Monthly reconciliation of general ledger balances producing analysis of such.
- Compile, extract, manipulate and analyse complex data to formulate actionable conclusions
- Must be aware of all safety policies and procedures and all HSE requirements in the environment in which the company and client operates.
- Execute other periodic, routine or special assignments/studies as defined by the Managing Director and other key stakeholders.
- Perform any other related duties required by the job function.
- ACCA qualified with 2-3 year post qualification experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Dynamics Great Plains
- Ability to analyse situations, identifying key or underlying complex issues and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to apply extensive / in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result effectively.
- 5 - 7 years progressive working experience in an Accounting environment with at least 2 years at a supervisory level
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
- Demonstrate eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a customer's needs effectively.
- Ability to work without supervision
- Liaises with External and Internal auditors to identify any financial and operational weakness that needs to be addressed and to rectify immediately.
- Maintains good relationships including but not limited to Bankers, local and foreign suppliers, Government and Statutory Agencies and customers.
This vacancy is closed.