Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Office Assistant
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Office Gems is facilitating the recruitment of an OFFICE ASSISTANT for a retail company in East Trinidad. The Office Assistant will be required to provide secretarial services to the Managing Director and Operations Manager of the company.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Answer all incoming calls, address and/or redirect accordingly.
- Establish and maintain an effective Records Management System (electronic and manual).
- Liaise with suppliers to place orders and arrange delivery and payment.
- Prepare and draft letters, reports, correspondence and other related documents as required.
- Maintain office supplies and monitor stock inventory. Purchase stationery, office equipment and other supplies for the various departments.
- Report and follow up on service requests for all equipment (production and office) upon receipt or detection.
- Prepare cheques for suppliers and staff and maintain the Cheque Register.
- Perform data entry duties.
- Greet and receive customers with courtesy.
- Provide internal and external customers with reliable information as requested.
- Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher).
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Results-oriented, pro-active, confidential.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) CXC subjects including Mathematics and English.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar or related job.
- A certificate or qualifications in office/secretarial skills will be an asset.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience
The Office Assistant will be rostered to work shifts within the opening hours of the establishment, which are:
- Monday to Thursday 8am to 8pm
- Friday and Saturday 8am to 9pm; and
- Sunday 8am to 2pm
Interested applicants are asked to email their résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before September 8, 2017.
Please provide the names, telephone numbers and email addresses for two (2) professional and one (1) personal reference.
This vacancy is closed.