Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Employer Confidential
Job Title: Underwriter
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Job Type: Permanent full-time
UNDERWRITER (GENERAL INSURANCE)
A General Insurance Company is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Underwriter at its Eastern Regional Office. The requirements for the position are as follows:
The Underwriter examines documents such as application forms, inspection reports, and past insurance claims to determine the degree of risk from such factors as applicant financial standing, business operations, loss experience, and value and condition of property, vehicles, inventory and equipment.
- Evidence of Insurance certification will be an asset.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in an underwriting function with relevant knowledge of customer relationship management approaches and techniques.
- Knowledge of the Insurance Industry’s product and service offerings would be an asset.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Effectively communicates with (oral and written), groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Responds to quotations within 24 hours of the receipt of all relevant information.
- Effectively compiles and summarizes pertinent data onto underwriting worksheets.
- Reviews policy records and reports to select routine matters for processing.
- Utilizes knowledge of underwriting and policy issuing procedures to ensure the operational efficiency of the Underwriting department.
- Deals quickly and efficiently with customer enquiries or complaints by phone, post or email.
- Receives proposals/information from direct clients & agents/salespersons for risk assessment, accepting, rating/quoting or declinature in accordance with the company's underwriting criteria.
- Performs other related duties as required.