Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: A.A. Laquis Limited
Job Title: Driver
Location: NORTH EAST -ST AUGUSTINE,TUNAPUNA,AROUCA,PIARCO
Job Type: Permanent full-time
We are expanding our Fleet
Come join our team of Drivers
The Driver would be required for the accurate and timely delivery of customer orders to all geographical locations as defined by delivery volumes and demand.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Transports all assigned orders to the customers’ compound in a timely manner
- Undertakes full responsibility for the handling, security and safety of all inventory during the transportation process in accordance to company’s policies and procedures
- Assists in the loading of the Delivery Vans with all assigned customer orders
- Assists in the accurate and timely unloading of all assigned orders at the respective customer’s compound
- Plans daily routes based on assigned customer orders to ensure all deliveries are achieved to maintain customer satisfaction
- Maintains regular vehicular checks and promptly reports all vehicular malfunctions to Dispatch Supervisor
- Maintains detailed records of mileage, fuel and consumption and communicates such information to the Dispatch
Supervisor on a daily basis
- Abides by all traffic laws and sound traffic practices at all times
- Adheres to company’s policies and procedures with regards to the handling and maintenance of assigned vehicle
- Co-ordinates with the Loader to ensure all assigned customer orders are delivered i.e. minimal orders are returned to the compound for re-delivery
- Performs other related tasks and duties as required by Management
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent
- A Primary School leaving Certificate and enrolled in a Secondary School
- Class 4 Heavy T Driving Licence
- Three to five years of relevant driving experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:-
- Ability to meet physical requirements including lifting heavy items throughout the day.
- Punctual and neat appearance.
- Reliable, trustworthy and a good team player
- Respectful, well spoken and courteous to customers and co-workers.
- Strong knowledge about routes and geography
- Awareness of safety procedure for goods loading and unloading processes
- Ability to meet delivery deadlines
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Certificate of good Character and a clean Police Record
- Good communication and concentration skills
- Excellent driving skills and being able to work under pressure
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
UNSUITABLE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED
This vacancy is closed.