Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: QA/QC Field Inspector - Civil
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
QA/QC Field Inspector - Civil
Assists in the field execution of the quality assurance and quality control program by ensuring quality issues/problems are identified, reported and rectified.
QA/QC Field Inspector - Civil
- Anticipate and resolve problems encountered in the field to eliminate costly rework or re-testing.
- Validates the approval, distribution and revision of procedures, Process Plans and Work / Operations Procedures for the overall Construction activity. Liaises with the Construction/Engineering Department where necessary.
- Identifies and evaluates Quality-related incidents / problems / non-conformances and initiates, recommends, and provides effective solutions where necessary.
- Responsible for the initiation, collection, disposition and retention of QA/QC records in a timely manner in accordance with documented procedures.
- Manages relationship with Sub-contracted companies to ensure compliance between subcontracted services and Client best practices.
- Liaises with HSSE representatives (internal, client & external) to ensure inherent compliance of documentation with NMWG and Client safety standards.
- Liaises with NMWG Construction Superintendent, Construction Coordinators, Field Supervisors and SPA’s as work progresses and provide activity updates in the form of a QA/QC Daily Report covering all assigned Projects.
- Audit surveillance as work progresses, avoid last minute discoveries, address repetitive non-compliance and monitor implementation of corrective actions in response to the identification of non-conforming products/services through QA/QC Audits or otherwise, until the unsatisfactory condition has been rectified.
- Perform site inspections at subcontractor workshops which include but not limited to soil mechanics, foundations, retaining walls, structural steel, reinforcement steel, piling, grouted structures, Fire proofing, masonry, building interiors, building finishes, roof systems, and asphalt.
- Review all inspection reports for compliance, with reference to applicable industry codes and site standards/procedures.
- Liaise with the site subcontractors’ QC inspectors for the resolution of site problems.
- Review of sub-contractor procedures and quality documentation such as ITP’s, inspection procedures, drawings, isometrics.
- Review of Concrete application Procedures, Excavation, asphalting procedures and all other civil related procedures
- Review of Soil compaction testing records as required.
- Punch listing of items as required.
- Review and acceptance of sub contract fabrication work packs including vendor scope. Final compilation of BP Guidance on Certification (G.O.C.) dossiers for NMWG Construction Engineer NMWG Certification Specialist and client approval prior to project close out.
- Ensure the Client is satisfied before, during and after work is completed.
- Diploma/Certification in Construction, Civil or Industrial Engineering from a recognised institution.
- Certification/Training in Quality (must be based on ISO 9001:2008) from a recognised institution. (For example CQE, CQA, CQT or CQI).
- Shall demonstrate working knowledge of recognized testing and materials practices as ASTM, D 1557, D698, D4253 and AASHTO T180
- Can demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of recognized building codes such as the Uniform Building Code (UBC) and ACI or equivalent standards.
- A working knowledge of Construction Concrete Sampling and Testing, QC Labs inspections.
- A working knowledge of Concrete Mix Designs and installation of Bolts, Nuts and washers.
- Inspector shall have direct knowledge of all aspects of heat treatment with the types of equipment such as electrical resistance heating elements, induction coils, or gas fired heaters.
- Shall demonstrate a working a thorough knowledge and proven ability of all phases and types of critical coating applications, methods, and recognized industry standards.
- Experience with Foundations, Grade Beams, Wall Footings Dimensionally checks and structures are positioned as shown on IFC Drawings.
- Concrete Curing Techniques.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- A minimum of Three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information.
- Ability to work effectively, safely and prioritize in a high performance, fast-paced work environment.
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office.