Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: QA/QC FIELD INSPECTOR - E&I
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
QA/QC FIELD INSPECTOR - E&I
- Anticipate and resolve problems encountered in the field to eliminate costly rework or re-testing.
- Validates the approval, distribution and revision of procedures, Process Plans and Work / Operations Procedures for the overall Construction activity. Liaises with the Construction/Engineering Department where necessary.
- Identifies and evaluates Quality-related incidents / problems / non-conformances and initiates, recommends, and provides effective solutions where necessary.
- Responsible for the initiation, collection, disposition and retention of QA/QC records in a timely manner in accordance with documented procedures.
- Manages relationship with Sub-contracted companies to ensure compliance between subcontracted services and Client best practices.
- Liaises with HSSE representatives (internal, client & external) to ensure inherent compliance of documentation with NMWG and Client safety standards.
- Liaises with NMWG Construction Superintendent, Construction Coordinators, Field Supervisors and SPA’s as work progresses and provide activity updates in the form of a QA/QC Daily Report covering all assigned projects.
- Audit surveillance as work progresses, avoid last minute discoveries, address repetitive non-compliance and monitor implementation of corrective actions in response to the identification of non-conforming products/services through QA/QC Audits or otherwise, until the unsatisfactory condition has been rectified.
- Perform site inspections at subcontractor workshops which include but not limited to electrical installations including materials, methods, specifications, and hazardous location identification for oil and gas or petrochemical industries.
- Review all inspection reports for compliance, with reference to applicable industry codes and site standards/procedures.
- Liaise with the site subcontractors’ QC inspectors for the resolution of site problems.
- Review of sub-contractor procedures and quality documentation such as ITP’s, inspection procedures, drawings, isometrics.
- Review of Electrical and Instrumentation Procedures, Loop testing procedures and all other E&I related procedures
- Review and inspect complete loop checking, wiring continuity and color coding, start up, and troubleshooting.
- Punch listing of items as required.
- Review and acceptance of sub contract fabrication work packs including vendor scope. Final compilation of BP Guidance on Certification (G.O.C.) dossiers for NMWG Construction Engineer NMWG Certification Specialist and client approval prior to project close out.
- Ensure the client is satisfied before, during and after work is completed.
- Diploma/Certification in Construction, Electrical and Instrumentation or Industrial Engineering from a recognised institution.
- Certification/Training in Quality (must be based on ISO 9001:2008) from a recognised institution. (For example CQE, CQA, CQT or CQI).
- Shall demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of the National Electrical Code/NFPA 70, IEC or equivalent standards.
- Shall be familiar with the international Industry Codes and Standards related to Intrinsically Safe Systems and Electrical Systems for Instrumentation such as; ISA RP12.6, ISA RP12.2.02, ISA TR12., ANSI MC96.1, IEEE 518, IEEE 1100, IEC 60529, NEMA ICS 6, NEMA 250, NEMA VE 1, NEMA VE 2, NFPA 70/NEC and UL 94.
- When required, shall be able to evaluate Factory Acceptance Test and demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of international codes and standards related to packaged units instrumentation such as, Distributed Control System (DCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems, Remote Terminal Unit, and Emergency Shutdown (ESD) systems.
- Knowledgeable in electrical installations including materials, methods, specifications, and hazardous location identification for oil and gas or petrochemical industries.
- As a minimum, he shall have experience with:
- Cable pulling installation, cable tray installation and testing.
- QC before Installation- Overhead Transformer shall conform to all applicable requirements, standards, and specifications prior to release to be used as part of work.
- Shall have experience on General Electrical Workspace Clearances. Switchgear, controlgear, switchboards, installation of transfer switches and adjustable frequency drives.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- A minimum of Three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information.
- Ability to work effectively, safely and prioritize in a high performance, fast-paced work environment.
- Team Player.
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office.