Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: QA/QC Field Inspector - Mechanical
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
QA/QC Field Inspector - Mechanical
- Anticipate and resolve problems encountered in the field to eliminate costly rework or re-testing.
- Validates the approval, distribution and revision of procedures, Process Plans and Work / Operations Procedures for the overall Construction activity. Liaises with the Construction/Engineering Department where necessary.
- Identifies and evaluates Quality-related incidents / problems / non-conformances and initiates, recommends, and provides effective solutions where necessary.
- Responsible for the initiation, collection, disposition and retention of QA/QC records in a timely manner in accordance with documented procedures.
- Manages relationship with Sub-contracted companies to ensure compliance between subcontracted services and Client best practices.
- Liaises with HSSE representatives (internal, client & external) to ensure inherent compliance of documentation with NMWG and Client safety standards.
- Liaises with NMWG Construction Superintendent, Construction Coordinators, Field Supervisors and SPA’s as work progresses and provide activity updates in the form of a QA/QC Daily Report covering all assigned projects
- Audit surveillance as work progresses, avoid last minute discoveries, address repetitive non-compliance and monitor implementation of corrective actions in response to the identification of non-conforming products/services through QA/QC Audits or otherwise, until the unsatisfactory condition has been rectified.
- Perform site inspections at subcontractor workshops which include but not limited to welding, NDE, painting and/or coating, and hydro-testing.
- Review all inspection reports for compliance, with reference to applicable industry codes and site standards/procedures.
- Liaise with the site subcontractors’ QC inspectors for the resolution of site problems.
- Review of sub-contractor procedures and quality documentation such as ITP’s, inspection procedures, drawings, isometrics.
- Review of PQR, WPS and welding qualifications and welding procedures
- Review of radiograph films as required.
- Punch listing of items as required. Review and acceptance of sub contract fabrication work packs including vendor scope. Final compilation of BP Guidance on Certification (G.O.C.) dossiers for NMWG Construction Engineer NMWG Certification Specialist and client approval prior to project close out.
- Ensure the client is satisfied before, during and after work is completed.
- Diploma/Certification in Construction, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from a recognised institution.
- Certification/Training in Quality (must be based on ISO 9001:2008) from a recognised institution. (For example CQE, CQA, CQT or CQI).
- Level I or Level II Radiographic Film Interpretation.
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) with AWS.
- Non-destructive Testing such as MT, PT, UT, and VT will be an asset.
- An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements
- Shall have been tested and certified by ASNT (or equivalent nationally recognized program) in the required NDT method(s) specified by the Contract and shall be required to fulfill the full scope of a practicing Level II including, but not limited to: method application, interpretation of results, interpretation of codes and standards, preparation of procedures.
- A working knowledge of Construction / Structural / Inspection codes and practices such as API 570, 620 and 650, ASME B31.3, AWS D1.1, API 1104, ASME Section V and IX. NACE standards, ISO 8501 & SSPC Systems.
- Inspector shall have direct knowledge of all aspects of heat treatment with the types of equipment such as electrical resistance heating elements, induction coils, or gas fired heaters.
- Shall demonstrate a working a thorough knowledge and proven ability of all phases and types of critical coating applications, methods, and recognized industry standards.
- As a minimum, he shall have experience with:
Installation of equipment such as, Pumps, Motors, Skids, Valves, Vessels, Compressors, Fired Heaters, Auxiliary Equipment, Packaged Equipment in plant construction….etc
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- A minimum of Three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information.
- Ability to work effectively, safely and prioritize in a high performance, fast-paced work environment.
- Team Player.
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.