Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Eastman and Associates Limited
Job Ref.: IA/310/EAL
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Salary / Package: $10-12,000.00
Sector: ACCOUNTING,AUDIT,FINANCE,ECONOMICS,PURCHASING,INSURANCE ADMIN,
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
A. Job Summary
The incumbent will be responsible for performing financial, compliance, operational, performance and IT audits to determine the Company’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and its policies and procedures.
The incumbent will also assist in the independent assessments of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which the Company’s financial, physical and information resources are managed.
• Conducts operational, compliance, financial, performance and IT audits of a wide range of the Company’s activities
• Conducts the evaluation of financial and operational procedures to ensure adequate internal controls are in place and followed
• Conducts the examination of financial transactions for accuracy and compliance with institutional policies, applicable laws and regulations
• Performs detailed test of controls
• Prepares Internal Audit reports and memoranda
• Identifies key business risks, assessment of those risks, and the establishment of risk management procedures and practices based on industry best practices;
• Reviews and reports on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of financial and other information for submission to the Managing Director
• Prepares reports for the Audit and Finance Committee
• Completes projects and performs other job related duties as assigned by the Managing Director
• Performs any other job related duties.
• Recognised professional qualifications: BSc. Accounting/Auditing, ACCA, CIA or similar qualifications
•A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position
•Experience in a computerized environment and familiarity with computerized accounting systems, in particular QuickBooks
•Consideration will be given to any equivalent combination of qualifications, skills and experience.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
•Ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
•Multi tasking and execution skills
•Planning, organising and budgeting skills
•Excellent communication and presentation skills
•Competent in Microsoft Office Suite
Thank you for providing us with your CV as the preliminary step in the process of registering for employment through Eastman & Associates Limited, your preferred Recruitment Agency.
• In order to assist with a job placement, you are asked to visit our offices (in office attire) at #31 Scott Bushe Street, Port of Spain between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
• At that time, you shall be interviewed and will be required to complete an online mandatory psychometric assessment (personality test).
• There is a non-refundable processing fee which ranges from TT$250 - TT$500 (cash only) depending on the level of job requested.
• This registration is valid for two (2) years.
On the day of registration you must bring the following:
1. Your resume with details of CXC and A Levels inclusive of Grades
2. Original of all your Educational Certificates
3. Original and copy of your Birth Certificate
4. One valid form of Identification (ID Card, Driver’s Permit or Passport)
5. A police certificate of character (a copy of the receipt is acceptable; however original must be forwarded upon receipt).
6. Two work-related references, as indicated on your resume along with their contact information. (Eastman and Associates reserves the right to refuse/withdraw services from, and employment to, any candidate who misrepresents their qualifications, experience, abilities, status and background).
Should any of your documents not be in the name used for registering, please provide the support for the name change e.g. marriage certificate, deed poll.
We thank you once again for selecting Eastman and Associates Limited for your job search and look forward to being of service to you.
Apply for this job