Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Property Officer
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Reporting directly to the Asset Manager, the Property Officer (PO) acts as a liaison with building owners, contractors, security providers, service companies and the Asset Manager in organising maintenance of all properties (land & buildings) owned and managed by the organisation. The PO takes the lead in communication and organisation in obtaining maintenance quotes, identifying contract details, provides regular maintenance status reports, works with and continually updates maintenance work plan. The PO ensures that buildings are structurally sound, safe free from hazards, comfortable and appealing.
Principal Duties and Functions:
- Oversees and coordinates all property and building maintenance, ensuring that maintenance requirements and requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Acts as a liaison with contractors to arrange property management and other maintenance related contracts.
- Regularly inspect building structures and properties to identify defective components to ensure any potential hazards are corrected, repaired or eliminated.
- Perform or schedule repairs, adjustments or component replacement, when required. Proactively anticipating needs/issues and providing solutions.
- Evaluate prospective tenants, negotiate, draft and administer leases and permits and pay statutory obligations.
- Ensure optimal efficiency of the facilities under his/her management by ensuring up to date maintenance records of properties owned by the organisation are stored.
- Supervise the day to day activities of contractors engaged in maintenance, security and other services provided to the organisation
- Must ensure that arrears are kept within a given threshold not exceeding a qualifying period determined by management.
- Participate and contribute to the effective delivery of land administration activities.
- Provide a strong customer focus, address risks, organise and arrange maintenance for various facilities. Insurance claims must be properly documented and processed.
- Acts as a liaison between the tenant and landlord and take the necessary steps to resolve tenant complaints.
- Assist finance with capital assets and inventory depreciation and scheduling.
- Provides reports, statistical analysis and other information as required.
- Assisting with researching quotes and other information for maintenance and other capital projects as directed by the asset manager.
- Preparation of annual operating and capital budgets for each property.
- Deal with suppliers to ensure adequate supply of maintenance material and janitorial supplies.
- Report periodically to the asset manager on status of each property.
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations and laws.
- A Diploma in Administration, Building Maintenance, Building Technician Certification or related field of study.
- Must have at least five (5) years of successful employment experience within a building maintenance, facility maintenance role.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Demonstrate knowledge of property building operations and systems.
- Knowledge and proficiency of computer software with e.g. MS-Excel and MS – Word and internet research skills desired.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, building codes, fire safety standards and Occupational, Safety and Health Act.
- Knowledge of building mechanical systems, fire systems and other major building components.
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships using strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An assertive self starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Strong organisation and time management skills, detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to construct, execute and continuously update an annual work plan.
- Excellent planning, and organisation, problem - solving, decision - making, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Key Performance Indicators
- Accounts Receivable
- Arrears - This is measured by the number of tenants in arrears as a percentage of the number of tenants and receivable age.
- Standard - No more than 5% of monthly rental in arrears not exceeding than 7 days.
- Property Inspections
- Inspections – To identify potential problems or issues for corrective action.
- Standard - List of properties to be inspected, the nature of the inspections and the frequency of same in a particular period also recommendations for remedial or corrective works.
- Statutory Payments
- Statutory Payments - compliance with statutory obligations.
- Standard – Payments to be made when they become due in accordance with statutory requirements and the applicable laws and regulations.
- Lease Management
- Lease management – Ensuring the terms and conditions of leases represent the contractual arrangements between parties.
- Standard – Leases are renewed and subject to valuations and rent review on a timely basis and within their contractual terms.
- Maintenance Schedules
- Maintenance schedule – Developed for the preventative and planned maintenance of properties.
- Standard - Preparing schedules for the maintenance of all properties in the region; monitoring and reporting on same.
- Occupancy Rates
- Occupancy Rate – A ratio of occupied spaces to vacant spaces.
- Standard - Above 95 % occupancy rate in urban areas and 75% in rural areas.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer satisfaction – Measured by an independent agency on a biannual basis to ascertain customer satisfaction index.
- Standard – A minimum of 80 % customer satisfaction index achieved on all customer surveys.
This vacancy is closed.