Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Construction Engineer - E&I
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Town / City: Mayaro/ Chaguanas/ Point Fortin
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Construction Engineer - E&I
Provide construction engineering (E&I) support to the Projects team from the development to the construction phase, inclusive of design constructability, supporting specially the project execution, assuring achievement of the plan
Provide construction engineering (E&I) support to the Projects team from the development to the construction phase, inclusive of design constructability, supporting specially the project execution, assuring achievement of the plan in terms of quality, time and budget in compliance with the Company’s HSSE and technical standards as well as established policies.
- Accountable for personal safety and ensuring that all activities are performed in a safe, environmentally responsible manner with integrity
- Provide input in the design and direction in the layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, test and pre-commissioning of onshore/offshore piping and facilities, rotating and static mechanical equipment, to ensure compliance with the agreed scopes of work and project schedule
- Provide engineering support to construction and commissioning activities.
- Development of work packs including detailed job card man-hour estimating and compilation of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).
- Provide assistance in the contracting activities, including preparation of tender enquiry documents, preparation of responses to tender requests for technical clarifications; and plays an active role in the evaluation of tenders from a technical point of view according to NMWG policies and procedures.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work
- Ensure that work output complies with the relevant procedures
- Provide technical assistance to Delivery Team Leader, Construction Coordinators, Field Supervisors and other members of the team as required
- Ensure as far as practically possible all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the scope of the discipline
- Review work/work output of discipline assigned staff as required
- Prepare estimates and assist in the review of proposed schedules
- Participate as necessary in discussions with the Client and visit jobsites when necessary.
- Liaise with the Client Technical Authority as and when needed for approval of procedures
- Assist the Delivery Team Leader, when requested, in the execution of their responsibilities and duties.
- Adhere to all HSSE policies/procedures and participate in Leading Indicators that will result in a Zero Accidents culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in a related discipline from a recognised university.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Experience with implementation of projects in the Oil & Gas or Chemical industry.
- Ability to deliver projects that are technically acceptable and fit for purpose in compliance with project design basis, country regulatory requirements and applicable codes and standards.
- Be able to carry out construction aid design and installation to meet build out needs.
- To continuously monitor field installation methods and procedures to ensure that outcomes are successful.
- Onshore/Offshore projects experience.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information.
- Ability to work effectively and prioritise in a high performance, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to delegate work assignments, give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Extremely self-motivated with excellent supervisory and organisational skills combined with very good technical judgement.
- Intermediate computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office.