Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: CAD Operator - Short-Term
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
CAD Operator - Short-Term
The CAD operator will be responsible for the preparation of CAD/Drafting deliverables.
- Originating CAD/Drafting deliverables under limited direction of senior personnel.
- Assisting the Lead CAD Operator and/or Discipline Function Lead as directed.
- Producing deliverables which can add value to both Massy Wood Group and the client. May need to refer to information sources or senior discipline personnel.
- Accompanying senior discipline personnel to execute surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of scopes of work.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Engineering Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Keeps up to date with technical developments, client and Massy Wood Group specifications, industry, national and international codes, standards and legislative requirements relevant to the role.
- Demonstrates the appropriate competence level for the job.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Project Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Representation of Massy Wood Group with clients and suppliers / vendors in a professional manner.
- Use of opportunities at meetings with clients and suppliers/ vendors to learn of additional work which Massy Wood Group could undertake and to promote Massy Wood Group’s capabilities.
- Developing working relationship with client and supplier / vendor personnel.
- Using a safe approach in CAD/Drafting and working practices.
- Self-checking of own work to ensure CAD/Drafting is error free prior to return to Engineering.
- Following procedures for document control and CAD/Drafting, e.g. creation of CAD/Drafting deliverables, use and retention of check prints / IDC prints.
- Liaising with the Discipline Function Lead to identify and implement improvements in discipline design working practices.
- Capturing and communicating lessons learnt to the Discipline Function Lead.
- Liaising with the Discipline Function Lead to identify areas for professional development and to develop a Training Plan.
- Working and progressing according to Training Plan.
- Keeping a log of competencies gained through further education, external training and internal / on the job training.
- Identifying area where skills are lacking and suggest methods for improvement.
- Delivering assigned tasks within man-hour budget and schedule.
- Identifying increase or reduction in scope of work within own area of responsibility and advising the Lead CAD Operator accordingly.
- Identifying areas of concern during the course of any project to the Lead CAD Operator while proposing necessary corrective action.
- Preparing timesheets accurately and timely.
- Perform all other job-related functions as required.
- CAD Level l & II Certificate
- Typically a minimum of 2-5 years relevant experience
- Possesses skilled application of CAD software and tools.
- Possesses skilled application in managing personnel.
- Possesses a reasonable command of the English language and must be able to communicate English effectively in the field of Engineering.
- Possesses skilled application in managing jobs / projects.
- Assessed competent as Trainee CAD Operator in accordance with Company’s Competency Assurance System
- Ability to work effectively, prioritise and develop realistic action plans in a fast-paced work environment
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Seek ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
- Proficient in Computer Applications including MS Office.
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and related work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.