Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Quality Manufacturing Engineer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Town / City: St Kitts
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Job Title: Quality Manufacturing Engineer
Department: Operations, St Kitts – Nevis
Reports To: Operations Manager
Prepared Date: September 21st, 2017
Fortive is a $6 billion, Fortune 500 Company with a strong foundation of success. Fortive is comprised of operating companies focused on creating essential, technology-based solutions to solve the world’s most critical challenges. Fortive companies thrive in a world that demands speed, rigor and agility. Fortive is passionate about continuous improvement and growth for our associates. The Fortive Business System is core to our operating model, the cornerstone of our culture and our competitive advantage.
Portescap offers one of the broadest miniature motor product line in the industry, encompassing Brush DC, Brushless DC, Stepper Can Stack, Linear Actuator, Disc Magnet and Hybrid technology. We help our customers’ applications excel through innovation and customization. From medical to aerospace or automation to security & access, Portescap's miniature motion solutions are moving life forward worldwide in critical applications.
Building upon a tradition of manufacturing excellence, and driven by a passion for innovation, we leverage over 70 years of experience in miniature motion solutions to put precise power in the smallest places.
Quality Manufacturing Engineer, St. Kitts will be responsible for planning and directing improvement activities of current processes, equipment, and products that will allow meeting customer quality and delivery requirements in a team environment. Participate as cross-functional team member within assigned goal oriented team responsibility. Analyze and provide defect data from various sources to the team in order to prioritize top issues to resolve and ensure zero defects. Drive root cause and problem solving activities within the team. Support use of approved problem solving tools. Develop defect detection criteria to monitor during assembly. Track defects being worked during problem resolution.
This also includes proper maintenance of equipment to achieve maximum efficiency and minimal downtime. The QME will have full ownership of specific manufacturing processes.
This position is located in St. Kitts and is part of the Portescap operating company, a Fortive subsidiary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Through the process of formal and informal production audits, operator feedback, and data analysis, recognize quality concerns and address them by developing and implementing sustainable solutions that can be tracked by quantifiable results.
- Apply mechanical engineering tools and concepts to design, develop and implement new manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment for new products.
- Improve manufacturing through implementing lean practices, automation, and process development.
- Work with Manufacturing Managers and Hourly Associates to drive efficiency improvements that impact successful attainment of the Company’s KPIs.
- Support material flow improvements in scheduling (Kanban, sequencing, kitting) and material handling methods.
- Identify relevant quality-related training needs and conduct training/ coaching sessions.
- Responsible for following and editing quality procedures, process instructions and inspection documents.
- Compile and establish regular communication of quality and productivity performance.
- Ensure repeatability and reproducibility of production equipment, processes, testing and measurement equipment.
- Recommends purchase of new equipment and supervise installation and qualification.
- Works with the maintenance team on developing and ensuring execution of preventative maintenance and process/equipment troubleshooting.
- Establish and manage a 5S improvement plan and a layered process audit process.
- Proven ability to review and apply technical specifications and requirements to the assembly operation
- Experience and ability to troubleshoot and implement root cause countermeasures
- Possesses strong analytical skills and demonstrated focus on process and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Promoting Process Improvement - developing standards & managing processes
- Developing Manufacturing Methods and procedures that supports Innovation
- CAD or SolidWorks user experience or similar software experience.
- Strong data management and organizational skills –Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Project, Power Point and Word, etc.
- Strong communications skill – both written and verbal.
- Ability to prepare and present data and processes to all audience levels
- Experience with line balancing, Kaizen and Kanban Systems
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum five years of manufacturing management experience is preferred.
- Supervisory and or management training
- Experience in Six Sigma Quality Engineering methodologies
This vacancy is closed.