Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: HADCO GROUP
Job Ref.: Job
Job Title: Dispatcher
Salary / Package: Negotiable
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Town / City: San Juan
Job Type: Permanent full-time
DATE: 2nd October, 2017
DEPARTMENT: Food Warehouse – Hadco San Juan
WORKING HOURS: 7:00am to 4:00pm
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Warehouse Manager
This position is primarily geared towards delivery of Food Items to Supermarkets, Restaurants and Small shops throughout Trinidad and Tobago. Essential duties include checking goods before delivery as per given invoice to ensure both accuracy and quality; supervising loading of trucks and vans before delivery; and reporting any issues to Management. The Dispatcher is also responsible for obtaining Credit Memos if there is a shortfall of the items listed on the invoice. The dispatcher will also receive returned goods from customers when goods were not delivered for any reason and must check off and sign as having verified the quantity and condition of goods returned as well as the reason given for the return. The Dispatcher must adhere to the company’s policies and procedures; and must report any issues that arise promptly to Management.
This position reports to the Warehouse Manager(s) directly.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Checking goods that are loaded onto trucks prior to delivery and informing the Warehouse Manager and Inventory if there is a shortage
- Obtaining Credit Memos for goods where a shortfall is noted
- Checking and signing off on returned goods at the end of the day’s deliveries
- Assisting walk-in customers and with Staff Sales
- Other duties that may be assigned
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Dispatcher will perform other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager that may be deemed necessary for the effective functioning of the Department, inclusive of the following:-
HSE Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
- All Employees demonstrate accountability by:
- Following all HSE rules at all times.
- Stopping any work that they recognise as being unsafe and reporting it to their Supervisor.
- Reporting all accidents and incidents they are involved in or witness to their direct Supervisor as soon as they reasonably can.
- Using all equipment in the work place as designed and with design operating safety features.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, treating everyone in a cordial and direct fashion. HADCO expects everyone to be treated with respect and dignity at all times.
- Becoming familiar with the HSE procedures required to perform their jobs safely.
- Ensuring full compliance with all applicable legislations and site regulations.
- Attending and actively participate in scheduled HSE training meetings, toolbox talks and HSE programmes.
- Performing all work in a safe manner.
- Using all appropriate PPE in a correct manner.
- Using all Safe Systems of Work available. For example Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Permits, Risk Assessments, Checklists etc.
- Observing good housekeeping practice.
- Reporting the taking of any medication while on the work place to their Supervisor.
- 3(Three) Ordinary Level Passes
- Fit physical condition
- Pleasant Disposition and well mannered
- Ability to communicate well
- Team Player
- 2-3 years’ experience in Warehousing and Delivery
- Ability to multitask well
- Forklift Operating License (if applicable)
- Certificate of Character
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Food Warehouse is a fast paced environment which requires various activities such as bending, lifting, walking, sitting, turning and repetitive motion. There are vehicles and forklifts constantly in motion and as such, the employee must be aware of this and be able to react quickly if need be to get themselves out of harm’s way. It is essential that all HSE policies and procedures are followed in an effort to create a safe and comfortable working environment for all. Therefore, activities such as bending, lifting, climbing etc. must be done in the correct manner; and employees must wear proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to ensure that any risk to self, others, or property is minimized.
We thank all applicants for your interest, but please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
This vacancy is closed.