Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Company: Massy Wood Group Ltd.
Job Title: Senior Instrumentation & Controls Designer
Sector: ENGINEERING,CONSTRUCTION,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,ENERGY, QS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Senior Instrumentation & Controls Designer
Massy Wood Group Ltd is looking to recruit a Senior Instrumentation Designer for their POS office. The ideal candidate would be required to prepare and check discipline design deliverables.
Preparation and checking of discipline design deliverables.
- Using a safe approach in design and working practices.
- Encouraging attention to Health, Safety, Security and Environment in other personnel.
- Self-checking of own work.
- Following procedures for document control and discipline design, e.g. creation of discipline design deliverables, use and retention of check prints / IDC prints.
- Checking of discipline design deliverables, discipline design content of IDC prints and vendor documents.
- Reviewing work processes of discipline design personnel ensuring Massy Wood Group Management Systems and Procedures are followed.
- Originating discipline design deliverables.
- Producing solutions that are safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and add value to both Massy Wood Group and the client.
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design.
- Providing discipline design input to procurement and construction activities.
- Conducting surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow executive of scopes of work.
- Attending Design Reviews, HAZOPs, Constructability Assessments.
- Communicating with Discipline Engineers and Designers to ensure design integrity and consistency.
- Capturing and communicating lessons learnt.
- Coaching / guiding of discipline design personnel.
- Delivering assigned tasks within man-hour budget.
- Delivering assigned tasks to schedule.
- Identifying increase or reduction in scope of work within own area of responsibility.
- Identifying areas of concern during the course of any project while proposing necessary corrective action.
- Identifying discipline design scopes of work.
- Preparing of discipline design CTR estimates.
- Providing input to project execution plans and schedules.
- Developing a working relationship with client and supplier / vendor personnel.
- Communicating with Operations and Maintenance personnel to determine any opportunities where Massy Wood Group could provide solutions to existing problems or for improving the existing practice.
- Technician’s Diploma in relevant discipline.
- AutoCAD Level III Certificate.
- Fulfillment of the requirements to obtain incorporated engineering status.
- Possesses skilled knowledge of discipline design software and tools.
- Possesses skilled knowledge of a majority of discipline design applications.
- Possesses knowledge in supervising personnel.
- Possesses knowledge in managing jobs / projects.
- Typically 8 years experience minimum.