Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Ref.: TT141111HM
Job Title: Communications Associate
Sector: ADVERTISING, MARKETING, MEDIA, COMMUNICATIONS
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Deloitte in Trinidad team is dedicated to providing Assurance, Tax & Compliance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, and Enterprise Risk Services to clients in the private and public sectors. Our client service teams combine local knowledge from Deloitte in Trinidad with deep expertise from Deloitte’s international network in more than 150 countries. With over 80 dedicated professionals in Trinidad, our integrated approach delivers keen insights and industry knowledge to clients. Our objective is to help our clients excel by anticipating tomorrow’s agenda with focused, insightful and fresh thinking borne out of our multidisciplinary strengths. We draw upon our specialist skills both within Trinidad and across the Deloitte network to help clients succeed wherever they operate.
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
The Communications Associate will work with the Communications Manager in support of the CBC’s Communications objectives and initiatives. The incumbent will be responsible for helping to maintain the intranet, various websites, newsletters, firm emails, videos, and various campaigns and special projects for the CBC. They will understand and follow Deloitte’s policies, be required to take ownership of tasks assigned and focus on producing quality work for review. The incumbent will report directly to the Communications Manager.
- Support tactical work including composing and editing memos, letters, emails and other correspondence and formatting, editing and proofing branded documents (i.e. presentations, proposals and other client deliverables) according to Deloitte brand standards
- Supports all email communications development, managing email and distribution lists; monitoring requests from the CBC Mailbox and coordinate distribution through appropriate channels
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Deloitte brand standards in order to offer accurate guidance and support to internal customers (CBC practitioners) and act as a quality reviewer for internal and external material output (compliance, tips, tools, standards, etc.)
- Document project activities clearly and concisely to provide comprehensive project history and campaign measurement effectiveness; maintaining weekly status documents and organizational support for all projects
- Supports content development for Press Releases/media, the intranet and website page building
- Support digital presence on relevant social media channels
- Assist with coordinating the development of quotations, messaging, and talking points for media and external events as needed
- Work with the CBC Communications team to plan and draft the quarterly newsletter
- Participates in monthly Deloitte Communication calls Support with implementation and execution of various campaigns and special projects as they arise
- Supports the Communications team with additional key communications initiatives and activities as required
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, associates across our organization will:
- Build an understanding of our purpose and values and explore opportunities to make an impact.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development; act as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
- Understand expectations and demonstrate personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
- Understand how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business. Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte; align people to objectives and set priorities and direction.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) O’level passes with Grade 1 in English Language
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or relevant field and/or minimum of 2 years’ experience in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project management skills
- Superior writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in working with the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Business acumen to work with senior leadership
- Ability to associate broad issues with specific industry and account opportunities
- Demonstrated initiative, follow-through and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate problems, formulate resolutions and exercise good judgment/decision making
- Solid organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Dependable with the ability to take initiative - assertive and confident
- Good interpersonal skills and professional manner
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a culturally diverse team-oriented environment
- The incumbent will be expected to perform the essential functions of the job under normal working conditions and standard business working hours
- The incumbent must have the flexibility to work overtime beyond the normal work hours such as on evenings and weekends if necessary in order to meet deadlines
- Extended periods of sitting
- Conduct of duties at either the client site or the Deloitte office
- Ability and willingness to undertake business travel regionally and globally as required
Deloitte has a strong presence in the countries of the Caribbean and Bermuda marketplace, with more than 500 professionals dedicated to bringing their talents to bear on clients' unique issues. The Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries serve the English-speaking Caribbean from offices in the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British and United States Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Trinidad & Tobago.
Deloitte provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte’s more than 210,000 professionals are committed to making an impact that matters.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.