Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Network and Server Administrator
Location: NORTH CENTRAL -CUREPE,MT HOPE,SAN JUAN
Job Type: Permanent full-time
POSITION: Network and Server Administrator
DATE: 29th September, 2017
WORKING HOURS: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Group ICT Manager
Dynamic individual required to work in a well-established Network and Server environment; taking care of day-to-day management tasks and troubleshooting of Network, as well as software installations and server monitoring.
The incumbent must be comfortable working both alone on solo projects and within a closely knit team. Should ideally possess strong knowledge of Cisco, Checkpoint, Fortinet and Windows-based operating systems; Red Hat Enterprise, etc. and their Integration with control panels.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Evaluation of current support processes. Suggest and implement improvements in support procedures.
- Oversee day-to-day activities and/or events to insure the quality of work meets business objective and provides value.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties as assigned by the Group ICT Manager
- +5 years of experience of Firewalls on Checkpoint VSX, Fortinet and *nix IPtables
- +5 years of experience of Cisco infrastructure and configuration IOS & NX-OS
- +5 years of experience of authentication systems (LDAP, Radius, Tacacs ect.)
- +5 years of experience of Network infrastructure, voice and Security
- Develop and cultivate relationships with the business team and ICT team.
- Experience and overall knowledge of Network, Firewall, Security, Windows and/or Linux (preferably proficiency in both).
- Strong communication (oral, editing and written) skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, manage, supervise and motivate the tech team.
- Ability to handle and manage stressful situations.
- Business presentation skills including their development, both for clients and prospective clients.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to plan strategically and globally.
- Experience in DC setup, hardware sizing, and infrastructure design
- Should have strong knowledge in Windows & Linux
- Having knowledge in Oracle is added advantage
- Ability to write architectural design documents or review design documents provided by others.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Windows concepts, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data center, and application software, Linux and Unix is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of VMware or other virtual software.
- Deep understanding of TCP, IP and other network protocols.
- Familiarity with DNS, DHCP and other network services. Knowledge of disc storage Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications in Windows 2008 or Windows2012 and above.
- Knowledge of managing a data center in terms of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, evolving environment and appropriately prioritize tasks, and keep abreast of the latest technology.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Degree or 4 year college, preferably in computers / engineering, business and certifications.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working for a major corporation, consulting or communications firm
- Broad understanding of the techniques of an IT services/consultancy firm/ISP
- Broad understanding Pugmarks or specialized practice area (Hosting, server management, security and networking)
- Windows Server
- Virtualization (VMware ESX, Microsoft's Hyper-V, VMM, & Virtual Server, Xen)
These qualifications will be considered an asset:-
- CCNA, CCNP
- MCITP, MCSE (for Windows)
- VTP/VCP certification (Vmware).
- Certificate of Character
We thank all applicants for your interest; however, please be advised that only Short-Listed candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy is closed.