Find Jobs in Trinidad and Tobago - TrinidadJob.com
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Sector: CUSTOMER SERVICE,ADMINISTRATIVE,BUSINESS-ADMIN,CLERICAL
Location: NORTH -PORT OF SPAIN,WOODBROOK,ST. JAMES, MORVANT
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Provides high level administrative support to the Divisional Manager
The Executive Assistant provides high level administrative support to the Divisional Manager to contribute to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Division.
The incumbent is responsible for liaising with key internal stakeholders and ensuring that effective communication is facilitated for overall organizational effectiveness.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
Equivalent combination of Qualification and Training
Key Functions and Responsibilities
Development of Human Capital
- Assists the Divisional Manager in the administration of the HRM function within the Division
- Ensures that employees of the Division complete and submit leave forms as necessary;
- Assists in the development of an annual vacation leave roster for the Division
- Ensures that the leave records of employees within the Division are up to date and reconciled with that of the HR Department.
- Ensures that all information relative to the HRM function in the Division is officially communicated to the HR Department as and when required
- Assists in the preparation of reports/spreadsheets/presentations as required by the Divisional Manager.
- Assists in training and guiding staff on approved Divisional procedures and processes for example: requisitioning of stationery
- Manages the calendar and schedule of the DM to ensure that meetings and appointments are recorded as necessary
- Manages and coordinates all arrangements for meetings, workshops, conferences and other similar events, both internally and externally, by providing logistical support
- Prepares meeting agenda and facilitates the taking of minutes/notes
- Ensures that the DM is kept up to date on the status of actions and decisions as approved for implementation by the Division
- Receives and records all incoming correspondence including requests for information, submits to the DM and takes action as directed by the DM
- Coordinates activities related to processing, maintaining and updating of manual and electronic correspondence, documents and databases and office support as necessary
- Assists the DM in the compilation of documents and related reports for the information of the CEO and/or Board of Directors
- Contributes to the re-engineering of Divisional procedures and policies as a means of improving Divisional work practices and arrangements
- Undertakes research, conducts analysis and prepares complex correspondence, reports, spreadsheets and other confidential documents including Board/Cabinet Notes
- Maintains liaisons with other Divisions/Departments to ensure that the needs of the Division are met and that feedback is provided as necessary
- Ensures that the records management function of the Department is maintained in accordance with approved policies and procedures
- Coordinates all arrangements for overseas travel as necessary
- Performs advanced administrative/secretarial support to the DM
- Receives and screens incoming calls and visitors, determining priority matters and notifying superior accordingly
- Operates standard office equipment and ensures routine maintenance - reports on any malfunctions and conducts necessary follow-up
- Ensures that adequate levels of stationery and office supplies are maintained for the Division
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the DM
The Office holder will be recruited on a contractual basis and unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged by the Corporation. Kindly submit copies of relevant academic qualifications. Please note that ONLY academic qualifications from accredited instituitions will be accepted.
All applications must be submitted by 4.00pm on October 12, 2017.